Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

“Women’s Bill of Rights” Becoming Law State by State. It’s Incredibly Insidious

Started by Jessica_Rose, March 08, 2024, 03:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica_Rose

The "Women's Bill of Rights" Is Becoming Law State by State. It's Incredibly Insidious.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the-women-s-bill-of-rights-is-becoming-law-state-by-state-it-s-incredibly-insidious/ar-BB1jzRFm?ocid=windirect&cvid=651dcdbc5fb24d83911e0b70c4ce166e&ei=44

Story by Allison Chapman (8 March 2024)

State Republicans across the nation are pushing bills commonly titled the "Women's Bill of Rights." You'll be shocked to learn that contrary to the title, however, Republicans haven't suddenly started to care about women's equality or agency—they just want to use that banner as cover for stripping away our rights as LGBTQ+ individuals. The branding might seem ridiculous given the party's recent history with actual women's bodily autonomy, but make no mistake: The push has already had alarming success, with six states having enacted these laws and policies in 2023. And in the first eight weeks of this year, we have seen 17 states introduce bills that include this language, with Utah even enacting one such bill into law.

The primary function of these so-called women's rights bills is to eliminate the legal recognition of trans people by defining sex as an "individual's biological sex, either male or female, at birth" throughout the entirety of the state's laws and policies. For trans people, this move is devastating, since, in most circumstances, it removes our ability to have updated sex/gender markers on our driver's licenses, birth certificates, and other state-regulated documentation...

Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee

LoriDee

Federal Law and most state constitutions prohibit discrimination based on gender or sexual preference. Any law contrary to that is easily struck down by the Supreme Court. There could be a huge legal battle on the horizon. Then just to stir the pot, we claim our gender is based upon a constitutionally protected religious view. And I am disabled. And elderly. Let me find an ambitious lawyer who wants to become rich.  ;D
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2019 - Full time / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - Legal Name Change /
2024 - Voice Training
  •  

Jessica_Rose

I prefer to say that I was born a woman, but I had a birth defect which caused medical professionals to believe that I was male. It just took a really long time to figure it out and get the defect corrected. That may well be covered by the ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act).

Although I don't consider myself to be religious, when I was younger I often prayed that one day I would wake up as a woman. The 'constitutionally protected religion' aspect could also come into play.

Love always -- Jessica Rose
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
  •  

Jessica_K

The same is happening in the UK. The government EHRC, equality and human rights commission is chaired by a gender critical woman, the equalities minister is GC. At present the equalities act enshrines gender reassignment rights in law, but the EHRC has already created reports that supports "Biological sex" and wants to insert it into the EA, that blows open the rights of trans people. It's open warfare against us and the aim to eliminate us from society.

What have we ever done to them to make them hate us so much?

Jessica
The brand new "A Day in the life of Jessica_k" blog
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,246835.new.html#new

**** No act of kindness goes unpunished ****

•  

Jessica_Rose

Quote from: Jessica_K on March 09, 2024, 02:14:15 AMWhat have we ever done to them to make them hate us so much?

Jessica

We exist. That's all it takes for people with closed minds and cold hearts to hate someone, just knowing we exist.

Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Gina P

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on March 08, 2024, 06:29:26 PMAlthough I don't consider myself to be religious, when I was younger I often prayed that one day I would wake up as a woman.

I think many of us have prayed that similar prayer. Not sure if waking up from surgery is what I had in mind though.
Gina
  •