Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Lady Gaga defends Dylan Mulvaney against anti-trans hate...

Started by Jessica_Rose, March 12, 2024, 11:20:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica_Rose

Lady Gaga defends Dylan Mulvaney against anti-trans hate after International Women's Day post

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/lady-gaga-defends-dylan-mulvaney-against-anti-trans-hate-after-international-women-s-day-post/ar-BB1jIfnH?cvid=a4322b525ad6482d978fc5a876691684&ei=63

Story by Brendan Morrow (12 March 2024)

Lady Gaga is standing up for Dylan Mulvaney.

The "Born This Way" singer, 37, on Monday defended the TikTok star and trans activist against online hate after participating in a photo shoot with her. Mulvaney recently shared pictures with Gaga while celebrating International Women's Day and was met with many anti-trans comments that misgendered her.

"It's appalling to me that a post about National Women's Day by Dylan Mulvaney and me would be met with such vitriol and hatred," Gaga wrote. "When I see a newspaper reporting on hatred but calling it 'backlash' I feel it is important to clarify that hatred is hatred, and this kind of hatred is violence. 'Backlash' would imply that people who love or respect Dylan and me didn't like something we did. This is not backlash. This is hatred."

But Gaga wrote that the hate Mulvaney's post received was "not surprising given the immense work that it's obvious we still have to do as a society to make room for transgender lives to be cherished and upheld by all of us."

She added that she feels "very protective" of Mulvaney and the entire transgender community.
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee

Oldandcreaky

A bit back, the producers of the Oscars wheeled an addled Liza Minelli onto the stage to read the nominees for some award. Lady Gaga stood beside her and could see that Ms. Minelli was overwhelmed. Ever so tenderly, Gaga protected her. She truly is a lady.
  •