Susan's Place Logo
Main Menu

What are you having for dinner? 4.0

Started by ChrissyRyan, November 03, 2024, 03:10:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

big kim

Dining out with friends at the Trafalgar restaurant in my hometown.
Starters of battered calamari with salad and garlic mayo. Main course of hake in saffron sauce with leek,potatoes and carrots. Had a chocolate cake desert.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Petunia

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: big kim on July 04, 2026, 01:29:05 AMDining out with friends at the Trafalgar restaurant in my hometown.
Starters of battered calamari with salad and garlic mayo. Main course of hake in saffron sauce with leek,potatoes and carrots. Had a chocolate cake desert.

Sounds good Kim!

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.  Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Help connect a person to someone that may be able to help that person.  Be brave, be strong.  A TRUE friend is a treasure.  Relationships are very important, people are important, and the sooner we all realize that the better off the world will be.  Try a little kindness.  Be generous with your time, energy, wisdom, and resources.   Inconvenience yourself to help someone.   I am a brown eyed, brown haired woman. 
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Petunia

big kim

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on July 04, 2026, 07:10:05 AMSounds good Kim!



It was thanks Chrissy. If you ever get over here can recommend it. Be quick as it's for sale due to retirement.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Petunia

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: big kim on July 04, 2026, 07:34:50 AMIt was thanks Chrissy. If you ever get over here can recommend it. Be quick as it's for sale due to retirement.


Maybe you can be one of its new owners?

I hear that in Europe air conditioners and also ice served with drinks are uncommon.
Much of Europe are in latitudes north of the USA, so perhaps normally air conditioning is not needed in much of Europe.  I did not have air conditioning in an hotel in Austria.

I did however have excellent Weiner Snitzel in Austria and I could get a glass of ice by asking for it.


Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.  Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Help connect a person to someone that may be able to help that person.  Be brave, be strong.  A TRUE friend is a treasure.  Relationships are very important, people are important, and the sooner we all realize that the better off the world will be.  Try a little kindness.  Be generous with your time, energy, wisdom, and resources.   Inconvenience yourself to help someone.   I am a brown eyed, brown haired woman. 
  •  

Hinoiri

Gonna have BBQ for the 4th today at my nephew's mom.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Hinoiri on July 04, 2026, 07:44:05 AMGonna have BBQ for the 4th today at my nephew's mom.


I hope it will be an enjoyable time for you!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.  Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Help connect a person to someone that may be able to help that person.  Be brave, be strong.  A TRUE friend is a treasure.  Relationships are very important, people are important, and the sooner we all realize that the better off the world will be.  Try a little kindness.  Be generous with your time, energy, wisdom, and resources.   Inconvenience yourself to help someone.   I am a brown eyed, brown haired woman. 
  •  

Finally Anna

Tonight: Homemade Neapolitan pizza. I am the pizzaiolo (and I'm good at it ;) )
Prosciutto and rocket, with Pecorino and basil.
White pizza with shii-take.
Cacciatore.
Sobrasada, Parmigiano, honey.
😋
I can't find, oh, the right romantic line
But see me once and see the way I feel
Don't discard me just because you think I mean you harm
But these cuts I have, oh, they need love to help them heal.


Out to self since March 5, 2026. My wife knows it all since June 23.
  •  

Finally Anna

Grilled Sirloin.
With some small salads on the side: One with peach, Feta, green onions, olive oil and one with tomatoes, shallots, salt, olive oil. A Burrata. A glass of red wine.
I can't find, oh, the right romantic line
But see me once and see the way I feel
Don't discard me just because you think I mean you harm
But these cuts I have, oh, they need love to help them heal.


Out to self since March 5, 2026. My wife knows it all since June 23.
  •  

big kim

Smoked salmon grain salad with endame beans,red coleslaw and a lime and coconut dressing
  •  

Devlyn ✅

Hotdogs and homemade potato salad.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Saturday I had Salisbury steak and garlic mashed potatoes.


Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.  Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Help connect a person to someone that may be able to help that person.  Be brave, be strong.  A TRUE friend is a treasure.  Relationships are very important, people are important, and the sooner we all realize that the better off the world will be.  Try a little kindness.  Be generous with your time, energy, wisdom, and resources.   Inconvenience yourself to help someone.   I am a brown eyed, brown haired woman. 
  •  

Maid Marion

Deep fried chicken breast.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Petunia

Finally Anna

Padrones. Chorizo. Pata Negra. Sobrasada. Txistorra. And some more.
And Txakoli. And red from Ribera.
I can't find, oh, the right romantic line
But see me once and see the way I feel
Don't discard me just because you think I mean you harm
But these cuts I have, oh, they need love to help them heal.


Out to self since March 5, 2026. My wife knows it all since June 23.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Petunia

big kim

King prawn tomato and mango curry with naan bread.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Petunia

ChrissyRyan

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.  Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Help connect a person to someone that may be able to help that person.  Be brave, be strong.  A TRUE friend is a treasure.  Relationships are very important, people are important, and the sooner we all realize that the better off the world will be.  Try a little kindness.  Be generous with your time, energy, wisdom, and resources.   Inconvenience yourself to help someone.   I am a brown eyed, brown haired woman. 
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Petunia

ChrissyRyan

Monday I had two pieces of fried chicken and mashed potatoes.
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.  Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Help connect a person to someone that may be able to help that person.  Be brave, be strong.  A TRUE friend is a treasure.  Relationships are very important, people are important, and the sooner we all realize that the better off the world will be.  Try a little kindness.  Be generous with your time, energy, wisdom, and resources.   Inconvenience yourself to help someone.   I am a brown eyed, brown haired woman. 
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Petunia

ChrissyRyan

Tuesday I had a nice Caesar Salad.

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.  Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Help connect a person to someone that may be able to help that person.  Be brave, be strong.  A TRUE friend is a treasure.  Relationships are very important, people are important, and the sooner we all realize that the better off the world will be.  Try a little kindness.  Be generous with your time, energy, wisdom, and resources.   Inconvenience yourself to help someone.   I am a brown eyed, brown haired woman. 
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Petunia

ChrissyRyan

Wednesday I had a warm ham and Swiss cheese sandwich and some ice cream.

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.  Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Help connect a person to someone that may be able to help that person.  Be brave, be strong.  A TRUE friend is a treasure.  Relationships are very important, people are important, and the sooner we all realize that the better off the world will be.  Try a little kindness.  Be generous with your time, energy, wisdom, and resources.   Inconvenience yourself to help someone.   I am a brown eyed, brown haired woman. 
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Petunia

Member 72214

I just cooked some BBQ drumsticks - my flat will stink for days! I get paranoid that I haven't cooked my food enough though - I always cook my chicken until it's like an old boot but this stuff was softer...I know that means it's better, but I have a thing about it because I am rubbish outside of microwave food

Need that Picard facepalm gif right now....
  •  

big kim

Vegetable tikka masala with naan bread. A bit on the hot side!
  •