Susan's Place Logo
Main Menu

The world according to Sarah

Started by Stottie Girl, March 31, 2026, 02:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

big kim and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.

Devlyn ✅

Quote from: Emma1017 on July 25, 2026, 10:37:23 AMI definitely put on weight since I started hormones.  I developed a belly, a butt and a passion for chocolates and red wine but I like to blame breast development for the most weight gain...nah, its the chocolates and red wine.😁



First rule of chocolate and red
wine club is never blame the
chocolate and red wine. 🤣

Stottie Girl

I am a chocoholic but I'm near tee total when it comes to alcohol. It's comfort eating of snacks in the evening that is always my downfall.
A wise man once said don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes, that way when you judge him you're a mile away and you have his shoes!

Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on - Billy Connolley
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Petunia

Stottie Girl

Well more bad news today. I was showing some relatives round my new house when the heavens opened and we got a torrential downpour. I looked into my new sunroom to find water dripping though the roof in multiple places. Took a closer look at the roof and the roof is shot. I'm going to have to look at replacing it as a matter of urgency. Something is going to have to give. My house revamp is going to have to be scaled back. Something will need to be sacrificed to the rennovation gods to pay for a new roof. Quite gutted.

My auntie who lives in Florida has been on to me though, She is selling her house in Washington (OG not DC!) and moving to Florida permanently. As a consequence, she needs to get rid of some of her furniture as she can't ship it all over there. She's said I can have her 2 and 3 piece sofas which will save me a good chunk of funds. Very kind of her. I doubt it will cover a new roof but it is a start.

Medically, my legs are still full of fluid and much worse at nights. I'm going to have to see if I can get a GP appointment next week to work out what's wrong.

Begining to get scared I've bitten off more than I can chew with this house.
A wise man once said don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes, that way when you judge him you're a mile away and you have his shoes!

Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on - Billy Connolley
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Lori Dee

Charlotte Kitty ✅

Oh that's terrible...especially as the previous owner surely was aware of this defect? You've not bitten off too much...just these kinda things always crop up to put a strain on any finances you managed to sort. Life sucks like that. Sending love and hugs. You will get through it then can focus on rebuilding your losses.

I hope you get some progress on your legs with the doctor. Has anything changed recently that could contribute to it? Compression socks may be worth a try though!

Charlotte ❤️
Fully fem aligned, feminine presenting male. He/him/they. HRT since April 25

🔗 [Link: tickerfactory.com]
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Lori Dee

Stottie Girl

Quote from: Charlotte Kitty on July 26, 2026, 04:20:37 PMOh that's terrible...especially as the previous owner surely was aware of this defect? You've not bitten off too much...just these kinda things always crop up to put a strain on any finances you managed to sort. Life sucks like that. Sending love and hugs. You will get through it then can focus on rebuilding your losses.

I hope you get some progress on your legs with the doctor. Has anything changed recently that could contribute to it? Compression socks may be worth a try though!

Charlotte ❤️

I think it is medication personally. I stopped quite a high dose of Spiro suddenly due to it causing heart palpitations. Apparently this can cause a diuretic rebound which can cause the fluid build up. Should clear on its own in a few weeks. Also I have been on Amitriptyline for my sciatica. Edema is listed as a possible side effect of that so I've stopped that too. I will try and get a GP appointment tomorrow but we will see how I get on.

With the house, all my money is being swallowed up on things you can't see! New garage roof, full heating system including re-pipe, Full house re-wire, making good the chimney breast and now conservatory roof. I will need to pay for a new kitchen as a matter of priority but I only have £11,000 left! Out of that I now need to pay for a new kitchen, new bathroom, new conservatory roof, the chimney works, plaster repairs and carpets/flooring. It ain't going to stretch. While it upsets me greatly the bathroom might have to go on the back burner. I'm sure the previous owner knew the sunroom leaked but he's dead!
A wise man once said don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes, that way when you judge him you're a mile away and you have his shoes!

Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on - Billy Connolley

Charlotte Kitty ✅

Sounds like they were just very behind with the maintenance before they passed ☹️

Such a shame when these things just build up, but can see that'll be tight. I ordered my kitchen from an online place as was cheaper, but did fit myself. Still was around 3k for that. Nothing is cheap!

Charlotte ❤️
Fully fem aligned, feminine presenting male. He/him/they. HRT since April 25

🔗 [Link: tickerfactory.com]

Stottie Girl

Quote from: Charlotte Kitty on July 26, 2026, 04:50:28 PMSounds like they were just very behind with the maintenance before they passed ☹️

Such a shame when these things just build up, but can see that'll be tight. I ordered my kitchen from an online place as was cheaper, but did fit myself. Still was around 3k for that. Nothing is cheap!

Charlotte ❤️
Well, I suppose they were behind, 56 years behind lol! My kitchen is teeny tiny so I can do that for £2000 including applicances which isn't too bad. but I think I'm going to have to learn some more trade skills here ha ha!

New conservatory roof is likely to be about £5,000. Carpets and flooring dunno maybe £2000-£3000 and hope that the chimney repair doesn't exceed £1000. Goodbye bathroom unfortunately.
A wise man once said don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes, that way when you judge him you're a mile away and you have his shoes!

Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on - Billy Connolley

Lori Dee ✅

Sorry to hear that, Sarah.

It will all work out. Just prioritize what you NEED versus what you WANT. Roof, kitchen, bathroom. Carpet and flooring can wait. Just make it functional enough for you to live there. Then work on things as money allows. Please don't overextend yourself and get into financial trouble.

At night, do you sleep with your legs up a little to help with the swelling?
It sounds like you know your body and medical history well enough, and you understand what may be causing it. Do try to get in to see the GP and see what they say.

Love and hugs!
My Life is Based on a True Story <-- The Story of Lori
The Story of Lori, Chapter 2
Veteran U.S. Army - SSG (Staff Sergeant) - M60A3 Tank Master Gunner
2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2019- 2nd Diagnosis / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - FFS & Legal Name Change
/ 2024 - Voice Training / 2025 - Passport & IDs complete - Started Electrolysis!

An ancient prayer:
"King Zeus, grant us the good things, whether we pray for them or not, and keep from us the bad things, even if we pray for them."

HELP US HELP YOU!
Please consider becoming a Subscriber.
Donations accepted at: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/SusanElizabethLarson 🔗

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Stottie Girl on July 26, 2026, 04:58:49 PMWell, I suppose they were behind, 56 years behind lol! My kitchen is teeny tiny so I can do that for £2000 including applicances which isn't too bad. but I think I'm going to have to learn some more trade skills here ha ha!

New conservatory roof is likely to be about £5,000. Carpets and flooring dunno maybe £2000-£3000 and hope that the chimney repair doesn't exceed £1000. Goodbye bathroom unfortunately.


If you add these "new costs" to your "purchase price" and any rent avoidance you may still be far ahead.  That is perhaps a helpful way to look at this.


Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.  Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Help connect a person to someone that may be able to help that person.  Be brave, be strong.  A TRUE friend is a treasure.  Relationships are very important, people are important, and the sooner we all realize that the better off the world will be.  Try a little kindness.  Be generous with your time, energy, wisdom, and resources.   Inconvenience yourself to help someone.   I am a brown eyed, brown haired woman. 

Stottie Girl

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on July 26, 2026, 07:41:35 PMIf you add these "new costs" to your "purchase price" and any rent avoidance you may still be far ahead.  That is perhaps a helpful way to look at this.



Well I owned my former "finished" house outright so no rent, no mortgage. Now I have a £55,000 mortgage an an unfinished, larger house in a nicer, quieter area. It's not all bad certainly the area and size is fantastic compared to what I had but financially I am not ahead.

I am scared it will rob me of my transition fund and mean I no longer have the capacity to save for the other things I need for my journey.
A wise man once said don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes, that way when you judge him you're a mile away and you have his shoes!

Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on - Billy Connolley
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Lori Dee

davina61

Have you looked at ex display units, they can be okay and a lot cheaper or even good fitted kitchens that have been replaced by new owners that wanted a change. They come up on sites.
 Doc might put you on what my mum calls her water pills, if so you will need to be close to a toilet!
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  • skype:davina61?call
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Lori Dee

Stottie Girl

Quote from: davina61 on July 27, 2026, 02:15:34 AMHave you looked at ex display units, they can be okay and a lot cheaper or even good fitted kitchens that have been replaced by new owners that wanted a change. They come up on sites.
 Doc might put you on what my mum calls her water pills, if so you will need to be close to a toilet!
Yes I think diruetic pills would normally be the answer but as i've just come of Spiro (a potent diuretic) and I think this might be the result of a diruetic rebound I'm not sure that is the answer. To be honest it's all manageable, I'm just wanting to know the cause and whether it is a temporary setback. Plus We need to have "the talk" about my trans status.
A wise man once said don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes, that way when you judge him you're a mile away and you have his shoes!

Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on - Billy Connolley

Stottie Girl

Well, can't get an appointment with the GP until next Monday. I'm not an urgent case therefore I have to wait.

Bummer, I was all psyched up to go over my trans issues, goals etc too.
A wise man once said don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes, that way when you judge him you're a mile away and you have his shoes!

Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on - Billy Connolley

Charlotte Kitty ✅

Thats terrible it takes that long. But this is all i hear about everyone else's GPs. Hope you're doing ok and managing with it x
Fully fem aligned, feminine presenting male. He/him/they. HRT since April 25

🔗 [Link: tickerfactory.com]

davina61

Our GP now want you to fill in an online form, I could not get it to work so had to ring reception. She had to fill in the online request!
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  • skype:davina61?call
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Lori Dee, Petunia

Stottie Girl

Quote from: davina61 on July 28, 2026, 01:58:23 AMOur GP now want you to fill in an online form, I could not get it to work so had to ring reception. She had to fill in the online request!
Yesh they are pushing us to do that also but online the earliest appointment was the 7th of September ha ha! Nice to know the pay rise they got has resulted in a better service! The only way to get an appointment earlier is to join the crazy throng at 08:30 in the morning and pray you are in front of the other 50 people trying to get an appointment! I went into the surgery and said I have bright red swelling in both legs I was worried it was deep vein thrombosis and the girl behind the desk said "you can't have an appointment, you have to phone up"! I said "well can the docor not just pop out and take a quick peep to say whether I should go to A & E?" "No there are no doctors here today" "What about a nurse?" "No there are no nurses here either" lol! so she is sitting in a surgery all on her own with no doctors or nurses as they were all off because of the school hols! crazy!
A wise man once said don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes, that way when you judge him you're a mile away and you have his shoes!

Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on - Billy Connolley

Stottie Girl

I have painted my new bedroom ceilings and undercoated the walls. It looks sooo much better now! I'm going to order the fitted wardrobe carcasses from Ikea today, an go wallpaper and paint shopping. I would like to get the room finished in a week or so. At least when I get one room done I can relax a bit!

No idea what I am going to do about the leaking sun room roof. I am worried this is going to be a very expensive fix. I'm not sure it can structurally hold a new double glazed roof. I could be looking at a very big bill here.
A wise man once said don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes, that way when you judge him you're a mile away and you have his shoes!

Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on - Billy Connolley
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Lori Dee

Charlotte Kitty ✅

Quote from: Stottie Girl on July 28, 2026, 02:52:53 AMI have painted my new bedroom ceilings and undercoated the walls. It looks sooo much better now! I'm going to order the fitted wardrobe carcasses from Ikea today, an go wallpaper and paint shopping. I would like to get the room finished in a week or so. At least when I get one room done I can relax a bit!

No idea what I am going to do about the leaking sun room roof. I am worried this is going to be a very expensive fix. I'm not sure it can structurally hold a new double glazed roof. I could be looking at a very big bill here.

There not any temporary fixes to buy you some time? Even if just covering with twin wall PC until you fix?
Fully fem aligned, feminine presenting male. He/him/they. HRT since April 25

🔗 [Link: tickerfactory.com]
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Lori Dee

Stottie Girl

It already is a PC roof. I hate it in all honesty. It's like an oven in there in the middle of the day. The timbers it is sitting on have warped and the glazing bars /stips are all buckled (this is where the rain is comming in. The perimeter is very dodgy flashband for flashing. It's a total pigs breakfast really!
A wise man once said don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes, that way when you judge him you're a mile away and you have his shoes!

Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on - Billy Connolley
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Lori Dee

Charlotte Kitty ✅

Quote from: Stottie Girl on July 28, 2026, 10:04:59 AMIt already is a PC roof. I hate it in all honesty. It's like an oven in there in the middle of the day. The timbers it is sitting on have warped and the glazing bars /stips are all buckled (this is where the rain is comming in. The perimeter is very dodgy flashband for flashing. It's a total pigs breakfast really!


Tarpaulin and gaffer tape it is then! Get 6 months out if that 😀
Fully fem aligned, feminine presenting male. He/him/they. HRT since April 25

🔗 [Link: tickerfactory.com]
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Lori Dee