Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Why I love South Africans...

Started by lady amarant, January 21, 2008, 04:22:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lady amarant

For those of you who don't know, I'm South African, and I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with my homeland. One thing I love about us though is our sense of humour - nice and twisted. We tend to laugh at wildly inappropriate stuff.

At the moment, we're (well, not me, I'm in nice, cozy, first world UK...) experiencing major power shortages, so there are severe power outages all over the place. Instead of protesting, or complaining to the government or whatever normal people do, we tell silly jokes about it. Thought everybody might enjoy a politically incorrect laugh or two:

1990 - White Power!
1994 - Black Power!
2008 - No Power!

Note From Government: Will the last person to leave the country please blow out the candle?

What did we have before candles were invented? Electricity.

And my favourite:
A driver is stuck in a traffic jam on the Ben Schoeman Highway.
Nothing is moving. Suddenly a man knocks on the window. The driver rolls down his window and asks, : "What's going on?"
"Terrorists have kidnapped Jacob Zuma (President of the ANC), Winnie Mandela (Minister of Home Affairs) and Dr. Manto (Minister of Health). They're asking for a R310 million ransom, otherwise they're going to douse them with petrol and set them on fire. We're going from car to car, taking up a collection."
The driver asks: "How much is everyone giving, on average?"
"About a litre."

Okay. I'm sorry. I'm going straight to hell...
  •