Susan's Place Logo
Main Menu

What in your transitioning has been the nicest result for you so far?

Started by ChrissyRyan, July 11, 2026, 12:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rochelle and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

tammy753

Honestly, I was so angry before. I knew what I was and took out my anger one everyone around me. My brother and others comment on it sometimes. I haven't said anything to anyone yet. I guess the other thing is that thing down there is no long active.
For my new blog go to
https://www.socketseekers.com 🔗
  •  

Laura Squirrel

Quote from: tammy753 on July 28, 2026, 12:19:57 PMHonestly, I was so angry before. I knew what I was and took out my anger on everyone around me. My brother and others comment on it sometimes. I haven't said anything to anyone yet. I guess the other thing is that thing down there is no longer active.

Honestly, I don't think I will ever be able to rid myself of anger. If anything, it has intensified over the years. As I said on a friend's podcast, I wouldn't feel this way if I didn't have to deal with certain bigoted family members (they don't say anything transphobic 99.9% of the time. But they let the mask slip and don't realize how dumb they are for doing it in front of me.) I NEVER forget things like this. Factor in our supremely evil government now officially putting targets on our backs, that has just added more fuel to the fire.

Having said that, I don't hold back anymore AT ALL, not in person. This is the only site where I try to watch what I say. I had a previous account that was banned once I said some stuff to a mod that was over the line, and I will always take responsibility for what I said. So, I am watching my tongue around here. Here's why: I don't have anyone to really vent to without feeling I am just destroying them, and that makes me feel incredibly guilty, and THAT leads to very dark thoughts, and I don't like being in that headspace. So, I decided to come full circle and return here.

I'm sorry if this derailed things a bit. I will return you to your regularly scheduled program. But first, here's Portia Porcupine with this afternoon's weather.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

This comment is NOT directed to anyone specifically.

There are many problems in life.  What is made and learned from them can shape a better future.

Those who have emotions, thoughts, and actions which might be called problematic should try to talk with someone who will listen and provide helpful guidance.  A trained, professional counselor who can be objective may be the way to go. 

Anger can be so destructive to relationships and self.  I doubt anyone wants to be angry.

Big hugs to all who are struggling.


Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.  Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Help connect a person to someone that may be able to help that person.  Be brave, be strong.  A TRUE friend is a treasure.  Relationships are very important, people are important, and the sooner we all realize that the better off the world will be.  Try a little kindness.  Be generous with your time, energy, wisdom, and resources.   Inconvenience yourself to help someone.   I am a brown eyed, brown haired woman. 
  •  

Athena

For me it was the complete lack of harassment. I am surprised that I apparently pass as I don't personally see it myself.

Don't get me wrong I love my bottom surgery but I don't know if I could have survived the harassment that many trans people go through.
Formally known as White Rabbit
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Athena on July 28, 2026, 01:37:01 PMFor me it was the complete lack of harassment. I am surprised that I apparently pass as I don't personally see it myself.

Don't get me wrong I love my bottom surgery but I don't know if I could have survived the harassment that many trans people go through.


I am glad you did not experience harassment Athena.


Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.  Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Help connect a person to someone that may be able to help that person.  Be brave, be strong.  A TRUE friend is a treasure.  Relationships are very important, people are important, and the sooner we all realize that the better off the world will be.  Try a little kindness.  Be generous with your time, energy, wisdom, and resources.   Inconvenience yourself to help someone.   I am a brown eyed, brown haired woman. 
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Athena

ChrissyRyan

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.  Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Help connect a person to someone that may be able to help that person.  Be brave, be strong.  A TRUE friend is a treasure.  Relationships are very important, people are important, and the sooner we all realize that the better off the world will be.  Try a little kindness.  Be generous with your time, energy, wisdom, and resources.   Inconvenience yourself to help someone.   I am a brown eyed, brown haired woman. 
  •  

Finally Anna

I'm not sure I qualify for this thread as I have not really transitioned much. So far I am only out to my wife  and I'm dressing more androgynously but some kind of social transition is definitely in the cards.

What have been the nicest results, so far?
I am more relaxed in my social relations to everyone. I am who I am and how I am.
My Wife and I have actually gotten closer to each other and our relation is better than ever in all aspects. I would never have guessed or even dreamed that this could happen, but with a bit of hindsight there are reasons.
Why not think about times to come? And not about the things that you've done.
If your life was bad to you just think what tomorrow will do
Don't stop thinking about tomorrow.
Don't stop, it'll soon be here.
It'll be better than before.
Yesterday's gone, yesterday's gone


Out to self since March 5, 2026. My wife knows it all since June 23.

Tills

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on July 11, 2026, 12:11:21 PMWhat in your transitioning has been the nicest result for you so far?


Everything.

Life, the universe, and everything.

xx
  • skype:Tills?call
  •  

Stottie Girl

Quote from: Tills on Today at 01:09:51 AMEverything.

Life, the universe, and everything.

xx
Now there speaks a happy soul! ha ha! Love the positivity!
A wise man once said don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes, that way when you judge him you're a mile away and you have his shoes!

Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on - Billy Connolley
  •  

KristaFairchild

Being all in. Stopping all the hand-wringing and fear and hesitation. Breaking the pattern of adding one little thing, staring at myself, maybe going outside with my one little dang change. That was an important phase but it was over. 

Put on the wig. Slide in the forms. Put on that cute dress from the back of my closet. Add to die for lipstick. And heels. 

After two times of being terrified in public, I loved it. I loved ME! 
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Jillian-TG

Jillian-TG

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on July 11, 2026, 05:07:40 PMAnger is no longer a constant companion, and I have much more patience. I also discovered that I can smile.

Love always -- Jessica Rose
I can relate to this. Me too.
As a young adult when I was wrestling with my gender identity I had a lot of anger issues. I was like Jekyll and Hyde. That went on for a couple of decades sadly. It's only now in my 50s that I've come to terms with who I am and that has brought understanding and peace.

I'm still only taking what feels like baby steps in transition and coming out but just knowing who I am and understanding myself has brought peace. I'm much more chill these days.
AMAB and married to AFAB.
I am gender fluid but live primarily in male mode. My wife knows about my gender identity struggles and we are navigating how to come out and be more public about me being trans.

Blog:
https://www.susans.org/index.php?topic=254926.new#new

Finally Anna

Quote from: Jillian-TG on Today at 07:34:42 AMI'm still only taking what feels like baby steps in transition and coming out but just knowing who I am and understanding myself has brought peace. I'm much more chill these days.
This! I know the feeling! 💕
Why not think about times to come? And not about the things that you've done.
If your life was bad to you just think what tomorrow will do
Don't stop thinking about tomorrow.
Don't stop, it'll soon be here.
It'll be better than before.
Yesterday's gone, yesterday's gone


Out to self since March 5, 2026. My wife knows it all since June 23.
  •