Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

T - Day

Started by stephanie_craxford, June 07, 2005, 06:40:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephanie_craxford

I had a bit of a surprise last Friday.  My general manager was visiting us in the office and to take part in a charity golf tournament with my branch manager and a few others.  They were in the branch managers office and they called me in to join them.  They were in a conference call with the HR dept at corporate, discussing me, and my up-coming transition in the work place as Stephanie.  They wanted to be sure that this is what I wanted.  Of course I said yes and just to reinforce the issue I told them that my application to change my name had been submitted.

We discussed several things and agreed that we would tell the employees about me on June 27th, the last day of school, and that I will be transitioning in the work place on August 8th, 2005, as Stephanie.  So the date is set, I'm really excited and at the same time very nervous about reactions.  I've been going through the employees, in my head trying to determine who will be supportive and who will not.  Keeps me sane I guess... :D
  •  

4years

Oh closer and closer Stephanie!

I hope everyone reacts well, keep your spirits up regardless of course!
  •  

kitten

wonderful, Steph, i guess there are a bunch of us in the class of '05 who are going for it in June ... a logical time, works well with the fiscal year, mid-year breaks, and so on.

so best wishes, darling! ::)
  •  

Dennis

Wow, that's a big step, congratulations and good luck Stephanie!

Dennis
  •  

beth_finallyme

That is wonderful news Stephanie!   :)   I am sure most of the employees will be supportive and the rest   :P

beth
  •  

Dorian

:o
Congratulations, your transition in the workplace is going very smooth.
I wish you good luck and keep us informed ^^
  •  

Denise01

hi Stephanie:

Congratulations on your transition in the work place, and that management is accepting of your transition.

I am sure that the majority of your co-workers, will be accepting, and as you have mentioned in previous posts, you have been very pleased at the acceptance of some of the people you know, who you thought might be a little edgy on the subject.

Good luck with your coming out at work, and  I wish you all the best and success

Denise Love

Frankford, Ont.
  •  

LynnER

Congrats, Good luck and best of wishes Stephanie,  I hope all goes well come august. :D
And Kitten has a point,  Heres cheers to the class of '05.
  •