Susan's Place Logo
Main Menu

Christian wins right to adopt kids & reject their LGBTQ+ identity

Started by Jessica_Rose, Today at 08:44:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jessica_Rose ✅

"God was speaking to her": Christian wins right to adopt kids & reject their LGBTQ+ identity

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2026/09/god-was-speaking-to-her-christian-wins-right-to-adopt-kids-reject-their-lgbtq-identity/ 🔗

Alex Bollinger (29 Sep 2026)

A Christian conservative activist in Oregon who wanted to adopt children but refused to promise to affirm their identities if they turned out to be LGBTQ+ settled her religious freedom lawsuit with the state earlier this month. The settlement drops that barrier to becoming an adoptive parent, but it doesn't give her a license or place a child in her care.

Jessica Bates, a widowed mother of five, sued her state in 2023 after the Oregon Department of Human Services (ODHS) denied her application to foster or adopt additional children because she refused to say that she would affirm the sexual orientation or gender identity of any child placed in her care.

"I cannot support this behavior in a child," Bates wrote in her application, referring to having an LGBTQ+ identity. "I have no problem loving them and accepting them as they are, but I would not encourage them in this behavior. I believe God gives us our gender/sex and it's not something we get to choose."

"I'm not gonna reject them or anything," she told KGW News last year when asked what she would do if a child in her care came out to her as transgender. She said she would refuse to use the child's name and pronouns and would force them to wear clothes associated with their sex assigned at birth. She said she would tell the kid: "Hey, God makes our identity, and that's something sacred and holy. And it might not feel like a gift right now, and you might be struggling with it, but that's something actually really special, and you are beautiful and perfect, like just how you are right now.'"

---------------------------
@Sarah B
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  • skype:Jessica_Rose?call
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Lori Dee, Sarah B

Devlyn ✅

I don't have the words. By which I mean that I have the words, but I can't use them here.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Lori Dee

Lori Dee ✅

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on Today at 08:44:10 AMI believe God gives us our gender/sex and it's not something we get to choose."

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on Today at 08:44:10 AM"Hey, God makes our identity, and that's something sacred and holy. And it might not feel like a gift right now, and you might be struggling with it, but that's something actually really special, and you are beautiful and perfect, like just how you are right now.'"

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on Today at 08:44:10 AMShe said she would refuse to use the child's name and pronouns and would force them to wear clothes associated with their sex assigned at birth.

"God gives us our gender."
"You are beautiful and perfect just like you are now."
But I "refuse to accept that," and I will force you otherwise.

Hypocrisy demonstrated.
My Life is Based on a True Story <-- The Story of Lori
The Story of Lori, Chapter 2
Veteran U.S. Army - SSG (Staff Sergeant) - M60A3 Tank Master Gunner
2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2019- 2nd Diagnosis / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - FFS & Legal Name Change
/ 2024 - Voice Training / 2025 - Passport & IDs complete - Started Electrolysis!

An ancient prayer:
"King Zeus, grant us the good things, whether we pray for them or not, and keep from us the bad things, even if we pray for them."

HELP US HELP YOU!
Please consider becoming a Subscriber.
Donations accepted at: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/SusanElizabethLarson 🔗
  • skype:.?call
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Laura Squirrel

Devlyn ✅

I'm picturing a day in the future:

So how did you die?

My adopted kid pushed me down the stairs.

You must have been surprised.

Yes. By the way, St peter, I thought your robes were white?

My name is Lucifer.

Jillian-TG

This quote, "I believe God gives us our gender/sex and it's not something we get to choose." has never made sense to me in a world where intersex babies are born everyday.
AMAB and married to AFAB.
I am gender fluid but live primarily in male mode. My wife knows about my gender identity struggles and we are navigating how to come out and be more public about me being trans.

Blog:
https://www.susans.org/index.php?topic=254926.new#new
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Lori Dee

KathyLauren

Quote from: Jillian-TG on Today at 11:45:41 AMThis quote, "I believe God gives us our gender/sex and it's not something we get to choose." has never made sense to me

It totally makes sense to me.  "God" made me trans female.  I didn't choose it, He did.  No human has the right to decree what God's intention was for someone else.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate

Lori Dee ✅

Quote from: KathyLauren on Today at 01:19:29 PMIt totally makes sense to me.  "God" made me trans female.  I didn't choose it, He did.  No human has the right to decree what God's intention was for someone else.

Exactly. Who are humans to impose a label on a divine creation? Or impose a standard on what is acceptable? That is too far above our pay grade.
My Life is Based on a True Story <-- The Story of Lori
The Story of Lori, Chapter 2
Veteran U.S. Army - SSG (Staff Sergeant) - M60A3 Tank Master Gunner
2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2019- 2nd Diagnosis / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - FFS & Legal Name Change
/ 2024 - Voice Training / 2025 - Passport & IDs complete - Started Electrolysis!

An ancient prayer:
"King Zeus, grant us the good things, whether we pray for them or not, and keep from us the bad things, even if we pray for them."

HELP US HELP YOU!
Please consider becoming a Subscriber.
Donations accepted at: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/SusanElizabethLarson 🔗