Susan's Place Logo
Main Menu

Anxiety

Started by Reborn@57, October 04, 2026, 08:46:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Stottie Girl

#20
Quote from: Finally Anna on Yesterday at 06:11:54 AMI think that fear in some way is probably a constant companion, one way or the other, regardless of whether you are cis or trans. Sometimes dormant, sometimes shouting. It's only that the typical trans fears are about what people would think of me, while the typical cis fears are about what people would think about how I look.

But "normal" fears are there to be overcome so I have kind of accepted that it is about how I live with those fears, making them my companion instead of my antagonist. Trying to embrace the fears. Trusting that I can push the fear boundary just a bit, now and then.

How many really bad reactions to your presentation have you had? I know that you aren't presenting femme to the world, but from your pictures I would guess that you could male fail more often than you think.
How may people have said something really hurtful about you, to you?
How good does it feel to present femme and how painful is it to present male? Is your public presentation the same now as it was six months ago? Or a year ago?

End of my little rant. I guess I better write that I mean this post in a soft and caring way, not in a pushy and questioning way.
☺️

Well first off nobody officialy knows I am trans except for my mother so some of these are difficult to answer.

I have had hurtful comments directed at me a few times by so called friends over the years, sometimes it has been vicious. I was bullied at school too which has probably shaped some of the low self esteem issues. It has made me very wary of letting people in really.

The climate in the UK is such that I see hateful comments directed at people for the slightest reasons. I can imagine being viewed as openly trans will be a red rag to a bull for some of these vile people. Some on here have already shared their experiences of abusive comments, I don't mind admitting that scares me. I want to be able to be stealth to the man on the street, among friends well that is different but I just want to go about my day with nobody abusing me for not being CIS.

I have not had any bad reactions to my femme appearance though the only people who have seen that are online in trans safe circles. In real life I have had comments in bars from drunk lads, I remember one just flat out shouting at me in a crowded loud bar "are you a girl or a boy? Why have you got T****"? Only the people immediately around me heard that but I felt really put on the spot.

It feels incredible to be femme, that is confirmed to me since my forced boymode experience. I hate having to put on boy clothes just to go about my days.

My public presentation? hmmm, clothes wise it is the same, no change but my body is really starting to cause issues. I have large boobs that are pretty much impossible to hide in warm weather, they definitely do get looks, and I suspect comments. My face is really starting to look androgynous now if not outright female.

Most on here seem to have support around them, be it from wives, friends or family. I have none of that, no encouragement, nobody to hold my hand as I take those first few steps. I think that is why fear is so hard to overcome.

I will beat it but I need to be able to convince myself that I am going to pass before I do, I am getting closer in that regard though. At any rate, until I get a passable femme voice I'm not coming out as it does not matter how I look or act if the second I open my mouth everyone sees a trans woman. I kind of feel like I'm in Invasion of the body snatchers and the moment I drop my guard everyone will stop, point and shriek lol!

I want to blend in, I don't want to be singling myself out as trans.
A wise man once said don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes, that way when you judge him you're a mile away and you have his shoes!

Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on - Billy Connolley

tammy753

@Stottie Girl  I am in the unsupported camp to. I don't have anyone that knows this about me. I am afraid that they will reject me so it keeps me in the closet with it firmly deadbolted shut. So you know you can reach out if you are feeling isolated.
For my new blog go to
https://www.socketseekers.com 🔗
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Lori Dee

Stottie Girl

Quote from: tammy753 on Yesterday at 08:03:02 AM@Stottie Girl  I am in the unsupported camp to. I don't have anyone that knows this about me. I am afraid that they will reject me so it keeps me in the closet with it firmly deadbolted shut. So you know you can reach out if you are feeling isolated.
Thank you Tammy, it means a lot. You see, this is why I feel such a strong connection with you Tammy. We are peas in a pod I feel. Our situations, experiences and our future journeys are so similar it's a bit freaky!

Everyone on here has been so supportive, it really is Susans at it's best.
A wise man once said don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes, that way when you judge him you're a mile away and you have his shoes!

Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on - Billy Connolley
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Lori Dee

Lori Dee ✅

"are you a girl or a boy? Why have you got T****"?

I guess he answered his own question.

Tell him to close his mouth. His intelligence is showing.

You are never alone. It doesn't always feel that way, but it is true.
My Life is Based on a True Story <-- The Story of Lori
The Story of Lori, Chapter 2
Veteran U.S. Army - SSG (Staff Sergeant) - M60A3 Tank Master Gunner
2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2019- 2nd Diagnosis / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - FFS & Legal Name Change
/ 2024 - Voice Training / 2025 - Passport & IDs complete - Started Electrolysis!

An ancient prayer:
"King Zeus, grant us the good things, whether we pray for them or not, and keep from us the bad things, even if we pray for them."

HELP US HELP YOU!
Please consider becoming a Subscriber.
Donations accepted at: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/SusanElizabethLarson 🔗
  • skype:.?call
  •  

Jillian-TG

Quote from: tammy753 on Yesterday at 08:03:02 AM@Stottie Girl  I am in the unsupported camp to. I don't have anyone that knows this about me. I am afraid that they will reject me so it keeps me in the closet with it firmly deadbolted shut. So you know you can reach out if you are feeling isolated.
Knowing that you are trans but still being in the closet is a horrible combination. I know it all too well. It can feel like you are being suffocated.

I'm fortunate enough that right now my wife at least knows about me and she has shown some basic understanding and we are working through things. The plan is for me to share more information with our adult kids before the end of the year and take it slowly from there. It's scary for sure trying to navigate through a path that's filled with potholes.

I just say "one day at a time"
AMAB and married to AFAB.
I am gender fluid but live primarily in male mode. My wife knows about my gender identity struggles and we are navigating how to come out and be more public about me being trans.

Blog:
https://www.susans.org/index.php?topic=254926.new#new

Northern Star Girl ✅

        @Jillian-TG
Dear Jillian:

I am so very glad that you are here with us on the Forum.
 
You stated in your previous posting...

Quote"Knowing that you are trans but still being in the closet is a horrible combination.
I know it all too well. It can feel like you are being suffocated.
"

Jillian:  What you stated is something that very many of members here can identify with. 
You are very correct with your additional statement regarding that you are fortunate enough that
right now your wife at least knows about you and she has shown some basic understanding and you
are working through things.

You are the fortunate one to have a supportive and accepting wife as you both continue to work
through this new chapter of your life.

I am wishing you success and happiness as you get the courage to come out to your adult kids,
and then eventually you will have the freedom to be out and about to everyone that you come
across as your true self... Jillian.

Slow and steady will win the race as you work though the issues that you come upon with your
other friends, acquaintances, and extended family.  The Susan's Place Forum is where you find
that you have understanding support without judgment, and
our members that have already been down the road that you are traveling.  We are here for you.

Continue on with confidence and your warm approach to others which help you to make new friends.
Please keep me and the rest of your readers and followers updated with your journey.


HUGS, Danielle [Northern Star Girl]
Forum Administrator    Direct Email: alaskandanielle@yahoo.com
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !
http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=subscriptions 
         Donating !   https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/SusanElizabethLarson 🔗

❤️❤️❤️  Check out my Personal Blog Threads  ❤️❤️❤️
          Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
           Started: January 02, 2024

                    A New Chapter: Alaskan Danielle's Chronicles 
                      Started: December 30, 2018

          I am the Hunted Prey: Danielle's Chronicles
            Started: April 08, 2018

                    Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
                      Started: March 09, 2018


I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 46 years old

        Email:  --->  alaskandanielle@
                             yahoo.com

Camille58S

Hi

You are already helping yourself by coming here! I really believe that talking through anxiety with people who have been there is the best therapy.
Your worries about coming out are valid. We all have had them. But, when I finally started presenting my authentic self to the world, the world didn't care! I sometimes get looks from people, but far more often, when someone says something about how I'm dressed, it's to give me a compliment. I got 2 compliments this morning while I was grocery shopping!
My therapist has a great response to my worries. " What if it all works out?" I have to admit, until he said that, I honestly hadn't thought of that! And, so far, it has all worked out. Now, when I wake up at 2:00 AM, and my brain starts to review my list of worries, monkey mind I call it, I ask myself that and it seems to help.
I honestly hope that you will experience going out in the world as your authentic self! There's nothing like it! And, the more you do it, the more confident you become. It really does have a positive effect on your whole life!Best wishes!

Stottie Girl

Quote from: Camille58S on Today at 02:16:10 PMHi

You are already helping yourself by coming here! I really believe that talking through anxiety with people who have been there is the best therapy.
Your worries about coming out are valid. We all have had them. But, when I finally started presenting my authentic self to the world, the world didn't care! I sometimes get looks from people, but far more often, when someone says something about how I'm dressed, it's to give me a compliment. I got 2 compliments this morning while I was grocery shopping!
My therapist has a great response to my worries. " What if it all works out?" I have to admit, until he said that, I honestly hadn't thought of that! And, so far, it has all worked out. Now, when I wake up at 2:00 AM, and my brain starts to review my list of worries, monkey mind I call it, I ask myself that and it seems to help.
I honestly hope that you will experience going out in the world as your authentic self! There's nothing like it! And, the more you do it, the more confident you become. It really does have a positive effect on your whole life!Best wishes!
What a lovely post Camille. That gives me a good deal of hope at least. Plus I love the idea of monkey brain! Though it is making me think of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom! lol!
A wise man once said don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes, that way when you judge him you're a mile away and you have his shoes!

Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on - Billy Connolley
  •