Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Celebrating full time anniversaries?

Started by alisontaylor, February 02, 2008, 03:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alisontaylor

Does anyone celebrate their anniversaries of being full time? I just reached 6 month mark and it has been so enjoyable and fulfilling that I feel like throwing a party. I definitely will next summer for the anniversary.
  •  

tinkerbell

No I don't celebrate when I went fulltime, but I have started to celebrate the day I had SRS, January 8, 2007, so I am now one year old.  Yay, the younger the better!

tink :icon_chick:
  •  

Natasha

i can't even remember my full time annivesary.  i haven't been post-op for one year either
  •  

Cortana

I will when a year has passed. I will more then likely treat myself to something on that day. ;)

The only problem is that I don't really know which day to celebrate. I got my first bottle of Anti-A's on Dec. 4 and my E's along wih my P's on Dec. 7 so I'm really not sure which day I should celebrate.. I will probably go with the 7th of Dec. but I don't know. I'll just have to wait and see next year. :D
  •  

NicholeW.

After awhile I think those anniversaries become less noticeable. Regular birthdays always have been that way as well, at least for me.

I find I just get up and go through my day anymore. Nothing special about how I look and am when I do it.

Although, yes, the first couple of years were big enough to note with an anniversary. So were birthdays at one time.  :laugh: :laugh:
  •  

Berliegh

Quote from: alisontaylor on February 02, 2008, 03:28:34 PM
Does anyone celebrate their anniversaries of being full time? I just reached 6 month mark and it has been so enjoyable and fulfilling that I feel like throwing a party. I definitely will next summer for the anniversary.

No...because I didn't have any drastic change in my life or a 'before and after' sinario. I've more or less been on the same path for most of my life...
  •  

Laura Eva B

Well. I guess I do have a definite date which I can count as my going "full time", 30th March 2005.

29th March 2005 was the very last time I kept up the pretence and presented myself as "male" .... three years this weekend !

No its not a big anniversary but guess I shall have a small private celebration, maybe a meal out in one of my favourite London restaurants as I'm planning a day in "town" to catch up with an exhibition of Russian impressionist / expressionist art on the day ....

I don't burden friends and family with multiple anniversaries, my birthday yes - big celebration, still my most important anniversary by far .... SRS anniversary on a lesser note with a few friends who really "understand", and I guess as time passes the whole episode of my transition will be something I want to just put behind me ?

Laura

•  

Kt

I don't remember when I went fulltime, and I presented as male only at work for an extended period of time before that, so there was no real drastic *change*.

I think as time goes on, such a landmark becomes less important.

I do plan on celebrating SRS day Oct23, probably like a second birthday, minus the gift-giving, maybe with more intoxication and personal time with the SO.
  •  

Berliegh

I've been full time for quite a few years and first started transition in the 1990's but unfortunitely I still haven't had SRS...but have I been full time for quite a few years..

I wouldn't celebrate this process as my life has run an even parellel and long before transitioning I was feminine in appearance and presentation. So it's all been very seamless..
  •  

Sandy

I just past my one month anniversary of my SRS March 13,2008.

And on April 16th I'll celebrate my first full year of full time.

For now, yes, they are big things to me.  And I will continue to celebrate them at least to myself for the foreseeable future.

-Sandy
Out of the darkness, into the light.
Following my bliss.
I am complete...
  •  

joannatsf

I  consider the day in late October 2005 that I decided to transition an anniversery.  The actual process of doing it took a few months, but by April I was out everywhere including work.  My natal birthday and sobriety date are also in  October so I've combined them in a celebration of birth and re-biirth.  It's kind of somber for me though.  The day of my birth was nearly the day of my death 6 years ago.
  •  

lacitychick21

Quote from: Berliegh on March 11, 2008, 03:00:22 AM
No...because I didn't have any drastic change in my life or a 'before and after' sinario. I've more or less been on the same path for most of my life...

I'd have to agree in that, that's the only way I see it as being able to define an actualy FT day.

For me, I went FT suddenly (unexpectedly) one day. Prior to that, I didn't dress or go out (purposely presenting female) at all. I came to the point where I couldn't go anywhere and not get ma'amed so a friend (who 'passed' very well) convinced me to go out "dressed" for the first time. I don't THINK we were 'clocked' all day so to celebrate we went out that night to hang out at a club/bar with friends. There I met my BF and never went back.

March 10, 2006 :) I've celebrated twice.
  •