Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Doc, while you are in there...

Started by Terra, March 27, 2006, 09:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terra

I got asked this and couldn't answer, does anyone know?

If they are doing the surgery, why don't they take out the prostate while they are in there? Is there any particular reason it is left in?
"If you quit before you try, you don't deserve to dream." -grandmother
  •  

rana

I am guessing at this Luana, but it probably has a lot to do with many men ending up incontinent after prostate surgery, there are lot of nerves down that way and it appears to be very easy to damage them during surgery.
If the prostate is not causing any problems, would be better to leave it alone I reckon.

No particular knowledge but still happy to venture an opinion

rana :)
  •  

Hazumu

Oh, goody!  C'n I speculate, too?

Somewhere I heard that the natal girl G-spot is a structure similar to the natal boy prostate.  Both can be stimulated during penetrative sex -- depending on the individual, the stimulation can lead to pleasurable sensations and in some susceptible individuals, intensely pleasurable orgasms.

Also,
QuoteRadical prostatectomy can result in loss of ejaculation. Other sexual problems after prostatectomy can include loss or reduction in orgasm and involuntary loss of urine at orgasm.

Now, do you really want the doc to take that thang out?

Karen

("Speculate" -- is that what one does with a speculum?   :angel: )
  •  

umop ap!sdn

Heh, Karen you beat me to it - I heard the same thing. And no way are they taking mine! :D
  •