Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

VIDEO Transgender in the hands of iraqui fundamentalist extremists

Started by Hazumu, February 18, 2008, 02:24:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hazumu

They discover her and subject her to a public buzz-cut

<opinion>
It's my firm belief that there are fundamentalists in the USA who wish for the 'religious freedom' to do the same thing. =K
</opinion>
  •  

LynnER

Whats sad, some of my coworkers are like that...  Im doing my best with them, but you cant change the mind of a fundementalist unless they want to change there minds...  :(
  •  

drkprincess

This sort of thing is sad, and its things like this that make it harder to just live your life the way you wish to live, and to be happy. What is the point of it all if we just oppress people. Life should be full of happy memories, not tears of sadness and depression. I hope someday we can evolve past all this.

~Rachel~

•  

lady amarant

Quote from: drkprincess on February 19, 2008, 05:54:28 AM
Life should be full of happy memories, not tears of sadness and depression. I hope someday we can evolve past all this.

Yeah. There might very well be nothing on the other side of the curtain, yet we waste this lifetime full of fear and anger, and all we do is cause more fear and anger because of it.
  •  

drkprincess

Sometimes I really sit and think about stuff like this. Often it creates more questions then answers. Just some things in life make no sense at all. I don't see why people should have to live in the shadows when life has so much to offer. I know for myself life has just been filled with bad memories, and I really want to create some new ones but its not easy. When I think about these things I start wondering if its worth trying. Some people don't know what they want out of life, but I think I do yet I can do nothing about it. And the ignorance of people doesn't help :-(

~Rachel~
  •  

drkprincess

•  

soldierjane

Quote from: drkprincess on February 23, 2008, 05:05:20 PM
Quote from: soldierjane on February 22, 2008, 09:45:59 AM
Is this current?

Hard to say, but I don't think its 20 years old :-D

~Rachel~

I mean because I hope this is not sanctioned by our (US) occupation forces.
  •  

lady amarant

QuoteI mean because I hope this is not sanctioned by our (US) occupation forces.

Look the other way in the interests of bilateral national relations, perhaps...
  •  

tekla

You don't want to upset a nation your are using military force to occupy for thier natural resources any more than necessary do you?  And where exactly would the government of occupation, ours, Bush&Co. be against any of that?  Look at who still supports them.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Shana A

That is so tragic. Why can't people just let us be!! :( >:(

Zythyra
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

•  

drkprincess

Quote from: Zythyra on February 25, 2008, 11:57:08 AM
That is so tragic. Why can't people just let us be!! :( >:(

Zythyra

Because that would be too easy and would promote world peace :-(

~Rachel~

•  

Hypatia

Quote from: soldierjane on February 23, 2008, 05:57:53 PM
I mean because I hope this is not sanctioned by our (US) occupation forces.
This is all happening because of our damn illegal invasion and occupation. Queers in Iraq were much better off before we invaded and the Islamists went on the rampage. Before we invaded, Iraq was off-limits to Islamists. Now they've overrun most of that unfortunate country. And it's Bush's fault.

Please support Iraqi LGBT--queer people over there are being targeted for death.
Here's what I find about compromise--
don't do it if it hurts inside,
'cause either way you're screwed,
eventually you'll find
you may as well feel good;
you may as well have some pride

--Indigo Girls
  •  

RebeccaFog

Quote from: drkprincess on February 19, 2008, 05:54:28 AM
This sort of thing is sad, and its things like this that make it harder to just live your life the way you wish to live, and to be happy. What is the point of it all if we just oppress people. Life should be full of happy memories, not tears of sadness and depression. I hope someday we can evolve past all this.

~Rachel~
I believe that some of us already have.  We're waiting for the rest to catch up.

I share your feelings.

Rebis
  •  

Shandralyn Alaia

This is just awful, my heart goes out to her and others like her that have to live under such oppression.
  •  

lady amarant

After spending some time at that Iraqi LGBT site that Hypatia mentions, this seems to be the least of what's happening over there.

What is most shocking is that all this is being allowed to happen. But then, as has been mentioned before, the occupationary force probably doesn't mind much...
  •