Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Exercises for feminine body shaping

Started by Erica, April 09, 2006, 07:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erica

Yes, I realize it is probably not going to do too much, and losing weight in a certain 'area' is at least a crapshoot in general, since your body might do it wherever.  But since I'm really starting to try and exercise more.  I wanted to know about good exercises to at least target the waistline for making it a bit thinner, while not necessarilly losing it elsewhere.  Likewise, ways to try and lose the gut and flatten my tummy.

Also, and advice for doing so in the things would be nice too!  Since that seems to be where most of mine goes!

Thanks!
  •  

Melissa

Shaping of the waist and gut can best be accomplished through diet and cardiovascular workouts (workouts that get your heart rate up).

Melissa
  •  

Erica

In other words...

Keep doing jumping jacks and the likes?     ;)

EDIT:  Actually, I thought of something else too.  Is it possible to train yourself to have a new Center of Gravity?  Or is that a function of the skeletal structure and thus, pretty much unchangeable?

By this I mean:  You know how when guys stand with their backs against a wall and try to bend over and touch their toes, they fall?  But girls can do so with no problem because their center of gravity is in their hips?  Is this possible to train yourself out of?
  •  

Melissa

For cardio exercise, I prefer running, walking, or cycling, but if jumping jacks does it for you, then go for it.

Your center of gravity is determined by the distribution of weight to different parts of your body.  HRT should change ones center of gravity after a while with fat redistribution and muscular atrophy.  It can also affect the way one walks.  I've been on HRT for a little over 2 months and I still fall.

Melissa
  •  

Sandi

Any excercise is good and swimming is one of the best cardiovascular calorie burners, but if you want to target your waistline and love handles, there are several toning exercises that will do that without giving you unwanted muscles if you don't overdue it. Many years ago I was quite heavily into body building, but that was when I was in denial trying to prove (maybe to myself) that I was macho.

At Home
Ab curl: Lie with your feet on a chair or the couch. Keeping your lower back on the floor, bring your upper body up as far as possible. Add twisting, or crossing over side to side will also tone your obliques.

Reverse curl: Lying on your back, relax your upper body on the floor with knees bent. Pull your knees in towards your chest by squeezing the stomach muscles. Hold momentarily then relax the knees back down.

Broomstick twists: Sit back straight with a broomstick, or bar across your shoulders behind your head. Rotate your shoulders first one way, then the other as far as comfortably possible.

Russian twists: Sit on the floor, legs slightly bent with your hands together in front (as in prayer). Twist your upper body as far as possible in one direction, then the other while keeping your hands in front of your body.

Leg raises: Lying on the floor raise one at at time. Hold it for a few seconds then slowly lower it. These are very good for midsection toning, but they work the hip flexors more than the abdominals.

If you have access to a gym or the YMCA
Body extensions:  They should have a Roman Chair which I think is the best for not only targeting on your waist and love handles, but give you a firm round butt (I have one in my mini-gym at home). These picture below are rather self explanitory in that you bend your body towards the floor then hyperextend your body. They will tone your gluteus maximus (butt), abs, hamstrings, quadriceps and calves.

Abs, butt hamstrings, and calves.

Love handles, hips and butt.

Abs, quadriceps and butt.

Always stretch to warmup before exercising, and don't eat a bigmack afterwards.  ;D

Sandi
  •  

Annwyn

Sandi!
Hi!^_ ^
Midsection workouts are just great and YOU DON'T KNOW HOW HARD RUSSION TWISTS ARE OWy OWy OWy!
But one important thing you girls are forgetting... LEGS!
Always work out your legs!  They can hold the most muscle in your body andsince they're your most used muscle group then make them BIGGER! so they will burn more calories than they would if they were SMALLER!  So that means LOTS OF WEIGHT has to be used when working htem out, like atleast twice your weight on the leg press or your own weight plus a barbell of the same weight if you're doing squats!  Big legs are big benefits all around!  Don't forget the calves and hams!
AND LEG WORKOUTS MEANS SEXIER BUTT!
  •