well done. Have your kleenex handy...."

Watch Video - part 1

Watch Video - part 2

Watch Video - part 3

Watch Video - part 4

Watch Video - part 5

•  

Laura91

I saw this when it originally aired, It was very good.
  •  

tinkerbell

I also watched it the day it aired, and I have the videos posted somewhere (just for us or videos boards, I am not sure)

I think it is wonderfully done, and all the three stories are very touching.  But who knows...Natasha...there are those out there who think or imply that a child could not possibly know her true gender at age three (Jazmin's story).  or perhaps I am simply being "paranoid"..   ::)

tink :icon_chick:
  •  

Natasha

Quote from: Tink on March 20, 2008, 10:22:05 PM
..there are those out there who think or imply that a child could not possibly know her true gender at age three (Jazmin's story).  or perhaps I am simply being "paranoid"..   ::)

ha ha ha ha who are those people?  how can they be so sure that this doesn't happen if they haven't experienced it first hand?  i don't listen to stupid people tink & you shouldn't either.
  •  

Cindi Jones

It was that thought that is the earliest thing that I can remember from my youngest age.  Yup.  I don't know how old I was... it could have been two. But I'm sure it was no later than three years old. 

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

lady amarant

I finally had the chance to sit down and watch these this morning. Thank you for posting it for us Natasha.

I felt so sorry for Riley. She was so very, very sad.
  •  

tinkerbell

Quote from: Cindi Jones on March 22, 2008, 02:38:21 AM
It was that thought that is the earliest thing that I can remember from my youngest age.  Yup.  I don't know how old I was... it could have been two. But I'm sure it was no later than three years old. 

Cindi

Same here angel without wings!  I was three years old, and I told my mom that I was a girl and that I wanted to wear a dress just like Jenny's (my cousin).  Of course, my statement took her by surprise, and it was the beginning of this agony which we call GID.  Memories, memories, memories...always beautiful and yet...

•  

Sandra Ts

very interesting show
Sandra Ts
  •  

heatherrose

Quote from: Matilda on July 08, 2009, 08:16:58 PMTherefore, all this "no, you couldn't have known that young & blah, blah, blah.." is pure BS.

This is the second time that I have unsuccessfully tried to watch this program
to the end without breaking down. Why is it so painful to watch. My heart goes
out to these babies. Here I am well into transition and nearly four decades
removed from that place in my life but it hurts like it was today.

"I have always wanted to have a neighbor just like you,
I've always wanted to live in a neighborhood with you.

So let's make the most of this beautiful day,
Since we're together, we might as well say,
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
Won't you be my neighbor?" - Fred Rogers
  •  

LordKAT

I cried but also got very angry. the anger is because I was born way too early for any possibility of saying anything to anyone. I had to suffer in silence. I am glad they (the kids) are able to get something for support and not the total rejection I dealt with. Too much I in this posting but not trying to be only about me. Just the only place I can be me.

I hope I never have the bias I see in so many people when it comes to accepting others.
  •  

heatherrose

Quote from: LordKAT on July 09, 2009, 12:13:37 PM...I was born way too early for any possibility of saying anything to anyone. I had to suffer in silence.

Sweety, the tell someone route wasn't all that great either.
First it was, "It's just a phase you'll grow out of it."
Then after that idea gets flushed it's,

"WHAT IN THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU"

Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
  •  

LordKAT

or "its all in your head"  I did tell a person or 2 but learned my lesson early on.
  •  

heatherrose

Yup, and they told two friends and they told two friends
and so on and so on...

Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
  •  

FairyGirl

These children, and especially Jazz, were a great inspiration to me when I finally decided I could do this. They are amazing and on my personal list of heroes.

I had those cursed feelings as far back as age 4, which is pretty much as far back as I can remember anything. In my household then however it was God's way or the highway, literally. Unfortunately "god's way" included serious physical abuse to insure conformity. I can understand that profound sadness; I lived with it my entire life.
Girls rule, boys drool.
If I keep a green bough in my heart, then the singing bird will come.
  •  

ArleneTgirl

When I first came out to my "now ex-friends", they said I was impulsive.  Need I say more?
  •  

heatherrose

Quote from: FairyGirl on July 09, 2009, 12:45:16 PMI had those cursed feelings as far back as age 4, which is pretty much as far back as I can remember.

I can remember being bathed in a sink. From that time, I have been the same person,
I had no concept of female or male all I knew is that I was just me. Didn't everyone act,
walk and talk this way? I guess not. Boys didn't want to play with me because
I acted like a girl and girls didn't want to play with because I acted like a girl.

:icon_blink:

Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
  •  

ArleneTgirl

Quote from: heatherrose on July 09, 2009, 12:59:21 PM

I can remember being bathed in a sink. From that time, I have been the same person,
I had no concept of female or male all I knew is that I was just me. Didn't everyone act,
walk and talk this way? I guess not. Boys didn't want to play with me because
I acted like a girl and girls didn't want to play with because I acted like a girl.

:icon_blink:

OMG, I remember the sink thing as well.
  •  

FairyGirl

don't remember a sink exactly, but I do remember a washtub on the back porch (rural Georgia lol)
Girls rule, boys drool.
If I keep a green bough in my heart, then the singing bird will come.
  •