Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Old Friends

Started by Robyn, May 21, 2006, 04:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robyn

My husband looked around the Live Journal blog area for interesting people near our temporary abode in Northern VA.  He found a trans couple about a half mile from us, and we broke bread together a month ago.

It turned out that one of the women, Marina, had been a member of the NATC Board of Directors about a year before I was elected to the board.  Small world.

Yesterday, we both received email from the current Board Chair saying that she and several other board members were in town for the National Roundtable and pre-meetings with several other GLBT organizations and wouldn't it be nice if we could meet for lunch.

So 5 current and past board members and three spouses had a late brunch in a local Silver Diner.  It was great to see old friends and colleagues and to hear old stories from before my time.  Almost makes me want to volunteer again after retiring again.  Almost.

Probably the first time that diner ever had 8 TS patrons at the same time.  Kewl.

Back to work in the morning. 

Robyn

When we walk to the edge of all the light we have and take the step into the darkness of the unknown, we must believe that one of two things will happen. There will be something solid for us to stand on or we will be taught to fly. — Patrick Overton
  •