Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Fox's Red Eye Show Goes On Grotesque Attack Against Thomas Beatie

Started by Hazumu, April 10, 2008, 10:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rachael

not true. i believe that passing doesnt or shouldnt matter.

what i believe, is that we should concentrate of starting from the ground up.

get the idea of trans accepted when it fits thier own gender model.

ie, man and woman, doing what men and women do. get them used to the idea that birth sex may not be right....
then throw them the ball that says maybe male and female arnt the only ones? its much easier to catch when youve been given a glove...
R >:D
  •  

Wing Walker

Quote from: Rachael on April 12, 2008, 11:22:51 PM
pregnant male = unnatural

yes, i want a child, pregnant female = natural
the mechanics of that, currently are irrelevant.

I don't consider it hatred, i consider it a strategic fact.

The world is not ready for Universal trans acceptance.

staged exposure is whats required, and such a, liberal, for want of a better word example of trans people is a bit much for people to take, and does a similar job to the blokes in dresses portrayed by tv...
in its current guise, method of exposure, and reception, is utterly harmful to the trans community.

Sure, i believe in acceptance for all. But i believe some here are naive in thier expectation of instant universal acceptance. it wont happen. Sure eventually, but the ball must be set rolling.

If you cant fit the square through the hole, break it down and feed bits through. Forcing the square at the hole will never make it fit through. The thing here is, once you start feeding parts of the square through, the overall shape gets smaller, and larger chunks can move through, eventually, it all. Its an acceptance curve. the bare minimum rising incrementally.

This is forcing the square against the hole, and yelling at it to fit. Imo, and this is just that, my opinion, this bloke is making the hole smaller in his selfish actions.

Now let me make something clear. im about to use these words; here are the meanings of them:

abnormal - not what is considered normal (do not confuse with unnatural, or wrong)

Deviant - someone or something that moves away from a social or biological pathway for any reason or to any extent, ie, varies from the projected direction.

Acceptance - understanding something and taking it into your mind as fact. This does not mean it is correct or wrong, just believed.

Now please make sure you know those things before you get your panties/boxers/underwear of indeterminate gender in a twist.

Transsexualism, is currently viewed in the US as a mental condition.
in the uk its seen as a medical problem

nowhere quite ties it down right?

Society sees this, a man in a dress, and identifies such by thier current repertoire of knowledge. 'guy' wearing 'girls' clothes, (note this works both ways but less so for f2ms due to culture). this person is deviating from 'norm' they 'accept' that fact.

they can either choose to accept the truth if it comes up, that x is actually a woman, despite looking like a bloke, fine if they do, thats great.
if they don't, its still acceptance that that is a man in a dress. incorrect as it is.

Transsexualism isn't normal
we know this right? its deviant from the beaten track. from both biology and social standards. Does this mean its wrong? no.

Heres the clincher, pay attention:

we, for whatever reason are crossing gender lines. Motivation, reasoning aside.

We want to be accepted for this. fact. (if you don't, i lol in your face)

As is epidemic in the trans community, there is a general naivety  of the real world. How things work, how the world operates. on varying social levels. Maybe because transpeople are either voluntarily or forcibly self absorbed and isolated? maybe. Maybe because transpeople disappear into a little world to protect them from the pain? could be.
Some people this is mind, don't think im telling YOU that you are naive and introverted.

This naivety extends to the big 'how do we get normal people to stop hatin' on us?' question.

Now if we could answer this, then we would be quids in... but we cant.

The prominent attitude is 'Force it harder! force the issue!'  Like i said earlier. this is like bulldozing a bulldozer that is trying to bulldoze you! (phew)

My view of this character is that they, while may have a totally valid gender identity. Portrays a negative image to  billy joe public...

words from the redeye piece: (yes thier relevant): Indecisive, confused, heshe, crossdresser.

Negative huh? well duh. This is what joe blogs at home thinks of transpeople... especially when they do something like this that is deviant from normality.

This situation simply perpetuates current views, and damages our chances for acceptance.

Its like feeding a baby (oh how topical!). You start off with simple, plain foods in small amounts.... we can call this the straight m2f and f2ms the supposedly evil 'binary transsexuals), (hell today, gay or straight doesn't matter! wow!) This is our baby food if you will.
once the concept is accepted. we branch out, we add flavor, diversity, and suddenly, its not such a big leap.... this situation is a flavor akin to asparagus in our baby analogy. Its fairly different. Not wrong, sure, but different. hey, some people like asparagus!

does this make sense or am i simply high on caffeine and nicotine?

Now i take offense at being called cruel and one who speaks 'hatred'. That word for one is bandied around too easily these days.
'disagreement with an extremely liberal view' = HATREDZ!

since when was acceptance a two speed system? 'your with us or against us' is a very isolationist and argumentative approach. and theres a distinctly Anti 'non liberal' sentiment on this forum. If you are not utterly accepting of all things set before you, you are branded as a 'transphobe' and a cruel evil person.
I really think that is more intolerant... If we must be accepting of varied Identities, and feelings, surely in the same motion, we should accept variance in Belief?

Yes i want a baby. but here is a clincher... im a girl. Girls have babies, girls get pregnant.

will a pregnant m2f stir up controversy? maybe. but heres something: some people view female: someone who can have a baby.... So maybe a pregnant or fertile m2f is the ultimate step to gaining universal acceptance... after all, a female with male chromosomes is still a female isn't she?

I certainly think the pregnant m2f will cause less problems, and gain the trans community more solidarity, than a pregnant f2m, which in my view, sends signals of confusion, deviance, and of something 'unnatural'.

Yes i mentioned 'real transsexual' sorry, we have to draw lines somewhere.... invalid? who knows, personally i don't think so.

Yes im going against 'popular' opinion. I think that is well within my right. I have explained my views herein. and i ask that you respect my right to freedom of belief. Don't agree with me, agree with me, fine.
R >:D

Rachel, I agree with your opinion here.  The public appearances, book deals, royalties, and 15 minutes of fame will cause unknown problems for those of us who are also transsexual.  It will muddy the waters, and, as you say, cause us to use our own bulldozers against ourselves and our own cause.

"Faux" News did as one could expect with such a story.  I believe that Mr. Beatie's appearance on Jerry Springer cannot be too far away.  The basic understanding of an entire group of people --- us --- has been made a sideshow act once more.

As for me, I am not concerned about being accepted.  I am a woman and I don't hesitate to present as I have been created even if it did take a transition to get there.

I wish that this would just go away but it won't.

Wing Walker
Reaching for her airsick bag
  •  

DRAIN

rachael: thats kinda like trying to pass the non-trans-inclusive ENDA "lets get gays and lesbians rights, no way they'd EVER pass something with those trannies included"
-=geboren um zu leben=-

•  

Hazumu

STOP!!!

Time out!  This thread has turned into another case of S.S.D.D.

I regret I started this topic with that video, I should have known it would degenerate into yet another round of 'T3'

This thread will be locked for at least 24 hours to give everyone a chance to regain some emotional distance.

Karen

LAST EDIT: reduced the font size to normal -- no need to shout any more.  =Karen
  •