Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Advice/opinions needed on chest surgery

Started by Snowdoggy, May 18, 2008, 01:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snowdoggy

I went to see the surgeon who will be performing my chest surgery for initial consultation and examination yesterday and have a few questions I hope some of you guys can help me with. The surgery will be at Leicester and performed by Mr. D Ward (he says it should be within the next 3 to 4 months).

Most of the surgeons I have read up on say that it is best to remove as much of the breast tissue as possible to avoid risk of breast cancer developing in the future. Mr Ward says that he leaves some breast tissue intact to prevent the finished result lookking "caved in" or sunken. I do agree with him on this as I have seen chest surgery results that have appeared sunken. Does anyone know whether the risk of developing breast cancer is higher or lower after surgery where some has been left behind?

The the other question is that he says he will reduce the size of the areola to a more natural male size but not the nipples themselves. The problem I have is that although I am not big chested I do have very big nipples and am worried they may look a bit weird. He did say i can have the nipples reduced later but because this would then be classed as an aesthetic issue I will need to pay for that. He did say after the nipples have been highered and re-grafted that they will shrink to some degree. Does anyone know what sort of shrinkage to the nipples you can expect after this surgery?

Any help appreciated
Snowdoggy
  •