Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Feminizing the Male Face: A Cosmetic Surgery Guide for the Male-to-Female Transs

Started by annajasmine, May 27, 2008, 12:15:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

annajasmine

I have been thinking about purchasing this book. I wonder if it would be wroth while. The doctor who wrote this is Doctor Douglas Ousterhout. He is mention on quite a few websites and even here sometimes. I just want to know your opinion if this book is wroth purchasing.

QuoteFeminizing the Male Face: A Cosmetic Surgery Guide for the Male-to-Female Transsexual (Hardcover)
by MD, Douglas K. Ousterhout (Author)
Editorial Reviews
Product Description
A practical guide to facial-feminization surgery for the male who is transitioning to female, this book focuses on a pioneering form of cosmetic surgery that reshapes the male facial structure. Dramatic before and after photographs and detailed illustrations of each surgery show how reconstructive surgery recontours the brow and nose ridge, reduces the size of the jawbone and chin, and reshapes the trachea to eliminate the Adam's apple.

About the Author

Douglas K. Ousterhout, MD, has been a plastic surgeon for more than 30 years. He lives in San Francisco.
http://www.amazon.com/Feminizing-Male-Face-Male-Female/dp/1886039933/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1211906839&sr=8-20#productPromotions

Anna
  •  

JennMW

I can't speak for the book, but I can say the following:

Dr O presented at California Dreamin in April 2008. His presentation was very informative and interesting.

The single biggest suggestion he had was NOT to do any hair replacement surgery (plugs etc) until AFTER you get FFS done.

I haven't had any work done yet but would consider him.

One comment I heard from a couple of girls was something along the lines of: "She has a Dr O nose, they all look the same".

I personally don't have a problem with that, the pictures showed a cute nose!
  •  

annajasmine

I notice the noses too! Everyone that goes to him looks sort of related well to me they do.

Anna
  •  

Just Mandy

Sounds like a great book to read prior to FFS. Looks like it's four or
so months from release. I hope I can wait that long :)

Amanda

Something sleeps deep within us
hidden and growing until we awaken as ourselves.
  •  

Keira

Doctor O is way overrated,
there are better surgeons (and cheaper ones).

Once a technique is known, all reconstructive surgeons can do it and
there are PLENTY.

His nose often don't even match the face they are on.
The reason is that by setting back the forehead it forces a low bridge nose
may not fit the face.

Many people in rhinoplasty actually are operated to get a higher bridge which
is generally seen as more attractive.
  •  

gina

Quote from: annajasmine on May 27, 2008, 01:36:05 PM
I notice the noses too! Everyone that goes to him looks sort of related well to me they do.

Anna

One size fits all... :o I have to agree there are plenty of great surgeons out there....you just need to shop around , Its like anything else your paying for his name..... :icon_yes:

gina
  •