Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

*sigh*.... Coming out to my mother...

Started by findingreason, May 31, 2008, 08:11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

findingreason

Ok, so it will be a LONG time before my mother knows of this, I am nowhere near ready to tell her, but I need to start a plan. She loves me for who "I" am unconditionally, but she has a rather closed mind. She believes that gay people can be brainwashed into being gay, she says "How can you know you are gay until you have a relationship with a woman/man?". I have no doubts that she will feel the same way about this one too. Being raised by her all my life, and that philosophy, has a lot to do with my doubts in my other threads, and has tortured me mentally for the past few months while trying to figure me out.

Anyway, I'm getting off topic. She is also the type of person that will probably try to get in my way to stop me, because wouldn't believe it is "right". I know she is cold about TS already, with the statement I heard her make about Thomas the pregnant man. "He isn't a real man." was what she said, in the most awful tone of coldness possible. I feel like I am going to lose my mom when she finds out. I am willing to accept it, but, if I can avoid it, I really want to.

Any advice from others with difficult, closed-minded SOs???

•