Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

I’m me and proud of it.

Started by 4years, June 15, 2005, 08:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4years

I've noticed I seem to be somewhat abnormal ('somewhat?' says self) in that erm, I'm not in the least bit embarrassed to be me. Transsexual and all that. This leads me to consider that I've ether had a rather remarkable upbringing (I have) or I'm totally out of touch (I may be; actually I've tried hard to be). But, whatever the case may be, I'm me and proud of it.

Just a something I've noticed... Sand in the wind ;)

P.s. Moral, apart from "this is how I see things" is that, if I am proud to be me, why not be proud to be you, rather in fact, you should be.
  •  

gina_taylor

I feel exactly the same way. I am very proud to be a transsexual and it amazes some people on how bold I can be at times with some issues. I've never considered myself to be 'abnormal', when in fact I'm just making corrections to myself.

Gina
  •  

Celia

Society, for attempting to shame us for what we are, deserves an "In your face!".  And, when I demonstrate pride in being TG, this is basically what I'm saying.  But, strictly speaking, I don't regard my being TG with any more pride - or shame - than my having hazel eyes or brown, curly hair or my being right-handed.  None of these things constitute either accomplishment or failure on my part.  They are simply facets of my being.

Expressing pride in being TG is still an act of courage, though.  And acts of courage are things to be proud of. :)

-Celia
Only the young die young.
  •  

Debtv

I feel my path to happieness has been:

1. Self-acceptance
2. Becomming honest and open
3. Learning to be proud

I am very proud to be tg and will stand on a mountian top and yell it to the world!

I know this is not the poetry forum..but this poem really relates to this thread and I have had many other tg's say they really relate to it:

I'm PROUD to be Transgender!

To be free...to be me...if i can,
To seek my own path...not the path of others.
I prefer not to have an expected gender,
told by society...how to be me.

I prefer the challeges of my TG life,
to the one of a "drab" existence.
I prefer the thrill of my femm fufillment,
to the denial of my honest expression.

I will not trade gender-freedom for conformity,
nor my dignity for mass acceptance.
I will never cower before any negative judgment,
nor bend to others perceived "roles".

It takes strength to stand strong,
to think and act for myself.
To enjoy the benifits of my Femmness,
or the heartbreak of my denial.

To face the world boldly,
...In a dress, with my hair done just right.
and say, "This is truely ME....
....I AM PROUD TO BE A TG!"

Wrote that poem in 1998

Love
DebTV
  •