Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

OMG, it's Strawberry Shortcake.

Started by Angel_Arietta, June 12, 2008, 01:12:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angel_Arietta

Yeah.. I'm obsessive fan of Strawberry Shortcake, and I'm totally not ashamed. Maybe it's the mother in me, maybe it's the little girl. Either way, I love it. I originally posed this on this site: http://ssccentral.proboards67.com and I wanted to share the info with everyone here was well, just in case I wasn't alone in this obsession and to share the changes that are underway with the series. (I bet I am though. :P)

More Strawberry Shortcake is on it's way!

And some berry new changes are on the way for Strawberry and her friends, and I had to know what they were going to be!

Not satisfied with another posters[/i] information (sorry, I'm a detail, citation kinda gal myself, I like to research things) I decided to do a little digging, and get info that was really stated and be able to have a source. I don't trust information any other way. Here are my results:

American Greeting Properties Website says:

Fall 2009 marks the beginning of a new adventure for Strawberry Shortcake and her berry best friends!  This sweet little girl will be more contemporary with a redesigned look and live in a miniature world beneath a berry patch.  In the whimsical new world of Berry Bitty City, Strawberry and her friends run little shops and have fantastic adventures full of humor, fun and friendship![1]

Full images of the the product overview:

Cover Shot[1]

Information[1]

For people interested, here is the link to all the info on the new Care Bears as well. http://www.>-bleeped-<brands.com/care_bears

Press release. Uncut.[2]

[/b]

June 10, 2008 12:48 PM EDT

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--

It's a homecoming for Care Bears and Strawberry Shortcake! American Greetings Properties (>-bleeped-<), the intellectual property and outbound licensing division of American Greetings Corporation (NYSE: AM), today announced Hasbro, Inc. (NYSE: HAS) as the new master toy licensee worldwide for both Care Bears and Strawberry Shortcake effective January 2009.

Kenner, which became part of Hasbro in 1991, was the original toy partner for both brands when they first launched in the 1980's. Following the relaunches of Care Bears and Strawberry Shortcake in 2002 and 2003 respectively, the brands continue to be extremely popular today, having garnered nearly $5 billion in retail sales worldwide.

To continue to fuel the growth of Strawberry Shortcake, American Greetings Properties is creating a whole new look for the berry sweet characters and the world they live in will be completely re-imagined for a new generation of girls. Inspired by publishing programs of the 80's, the spunky red-haired Strawberry Shortcake and friends will be small in scale but big on adventure, friendship, fashion, and fun with more fantasy infused throughout. The new line of strawberry-scented toys is scheduled to hit shelves in Fall 2009. All-new Strawberry Shortcake entertainment includes a CGI movie and DVD release, premiering in Fall 2009. Additional DVDs and a new television series are also in production.

The Care Bears, who celebrated their 25th anniversary in 2007 with a whole new look, have exciting changes as well. Enhanced belly badge magic and new features in their land of Care-A-Lot will continue their mission of teaching caring and sharing to preschoolers. The new Care Bears toy line will be part of Hasbro's Playskool(R) brand and will feature the new look of the Care Bears from the animated series, "Care Bears: Adventures in Care-A-Lot," which airs during the KEWLopolis on CBS block. The toy line will debut in Fall 2009. An all-new CGI movie and DVD release also premieres in Fall 2009.

"Both Care Bears and Strawberry Shortcake have a strong history with Hasbro, and we are thrilled to be working with them on our two biggest classic brands," said Tamra Knepfer, Senior Vice President, Consumer Products, American Greetings Properties. "Hasbro has unparalleled experience leveraging evergreen franchises with toy lines at retail and we are incredibly excited about the innovation, marketing, and retail presence that this alliance brings to both brands as we look to grow both here in the U.S. and around the world."

"We are very happy to welcome Strawberry Shortcake and Care Bears home to Hasbro," said Sharon John, General Manager of Toy Marketing, Hasbro Toys. "We look forward to working with >-bleeped-< to build on the strong foundations of both brands. Our strategy includes incorporating new technology for breakthrough, adorable Care Bears plush, plus introducing a new line of Strawberry Shortcake toys including small dolls to little girls everywhere."

Hasbro will be developing a full line of toys for Care Bears and Strawberry Shortcake, including plush, dolls, play sets, games, puzzles and figures, as well as introducing new categories.

About American Greetings Properties

American Greetings Properties (>-bleeped-<) is the intellectual property and outbound licensing division of American Greetings Corporation. Built upon the successful re-launches of Care Bears and Strawberry Shortcake licensed products, which have garnered nearly $5 billion in retail sales worldwide combined since 2002, >-bleeped-< develops multi-platform campaigns for its properties through digital media, entertainment, marketing and merchandising. In addition to Care Bears and Strawberry Shortcake, >-bleeped-<'s active classic brands include Holly Hobbie and Madballs, as well as new properties Sushi Pack, Twisted Whiskers, Maryoku Yummy and TinPo. Children can experience >-bleeped-< online at www.agkidzone.com. For more information on >-bleeped-<, visit www.>-bleeped-<brands.com

About American Greetings Corporation

American Greetings Corporation (NYSE: AM) is one of the world's largest manufacturers of social expression products. Along with greeting cards, its product lines include gift wrap, party goods, stationery, calendars, ornaments and electronic greetings. Located in Cleveland, Ohio, American Greetings generates revenue of approximately $1.8 billion. For more information on the Company, visit http://corporate.americangreetings.com.

About Hasbro

Hasbro (NYSE: HAS) is a worldwide leader in children's and family leisure time entertainment products and services, including the design, manufacture and marketing of games and toys ranging from traditional to high-tech. Both internationally and in the U.S., its PLAYSKOOL, TONKA, MILTON BRADLEY, PARKER BROTHERS, TIGER and WIZARDS OF THE COAST brands and products provide the highest quality and most recognizable play experiences in the world.

Source: American Greetings Corporation

Intial thoughts:

So, it says nothing about focusing on fashion, just states that they are fashionable basically. This is a show where their target auidence is girls ages 2-7 after all. Which is good, because I dont' want to see them becoming anything like Bratz.

But Strawberry Land has been replaced by a normal little berry batch, and our friends are now fairy sized. (And almost fairy like in appearance, if I may so say so.) Which is cute, and not that big of a deal, a new look is something I'm sure we can get used to, I mean, it's not until Fall "NEXT" year, so we have lot's of time to get used to it!

I'll keep constantly looking for more info, and update post it when I do! Let's talk about how we feel about this new undertaking!

Citations:

[1] All info taken from the official AG website= http://www.>-bleeped-<brands.com/strawberry_shortcake

[2]Info taken from streetinsider
  •  

Nero

Oh thanks for this! I loved these dolls as a child. When I was little, my dad used to buy me one every Saturday. Still have them though they're a bit forlorn looking now.
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •