Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Summer or Love, part II

Started by tekla, June 14, 2008, 05:56:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tekla

San Francisco expects to have trained more than 200 volunteer commissioners, most of them city staff, to help marry same-sex couples. In San Diego County, more than 50 workers from other departments within the clerk-recorder's office have volunteered to issue licenses and to keep up with demand. In Los Angeles County, about 100 people have been deputized over the past two weeks to perform nuptials.

"We're expecting a crush of newlyweds," said Mayor Jeffrey Prang of West Hollywood, where five city council members are expected to be deputized Monday night so they can start performing ceremonies the next morning.

Barring any further legal action, gay couples will be able to start marrying at 5:01 p.m. Monday, when a California Supreme Court ruling legalizing gay marriages goes into effect. Some counties plan to open their clerk's offices after-hours that day to accommodate couples wanting to be among the first to marry, but most across the state will wait until Tuesday.

Once the ruling goes into effect, officials are required to issue gender-neutral marriage licenses, but they are not required to perform ceremonies.

full article at:

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080614/D919O4OO1.html

Oh, I so love living here, even if I'm not the biggest marriage fan in the world.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •