News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What about tops?

Started by 4years, June 21, 2005, 04:18:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4years

What about tops?

I tend to be rather modest so I generally don't show much skin... let it be a surprise and all that ;)
But that is not to say I'm boring, no no!

I am quite fond of many oriental styles, in particular various Mandarin blouses. I like the snug waists and short colors of such, and silk is divine.

There are some designs of halter tops and corsets I like, in particular tank corsets and halter tops that that cover the midriff.

Or in general:
I'm fond of snug middriffs, I'm thin after all (=

I have never liked strapless designs.

I prefer sleeved, even if short, to sleeveless on most designs.
  •  

Karen

I too have a preference to cover up a bit more skin. I just like the look a lot more. However, I've tried tops with a wide neck and 1/3 length sleeves that were fun to wear. I'm finding that as I go on, I'm more open to other styles than just the few I've always liked.
  •  

LostInTime

Short sleeve t-shirts and sleevless tops.  :)
  •  

april

I have to work hard to cover my hugemongous shoulders so normally i wear like a zip up hoodie and a spaghetti strap shirt. The lower neck lines seem to minimize the look of them. I love off the shoulder tops but i have to avoid them. Is there any one here that knows any other good ways to minimize the look of shoulders?
  •  

Jess

The only way I know of to make your shoulders look smaller is to carry them further back and lower with your chin up.  This changes the focus to anyone in front of you from your shoulders to your face, neck, and chest.

Believe it or not, it will feel really ackward at first, but it looks very lady-like and you will get used to it.  Posture is important!

Jess
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Quote from: 4years on June 21, 2005, 04:18:39 AM
What about tops?

I tend to be rather modest so I generally don't show much skin... let it be a surprise and all that ;)
But that is not to say I'm boring, no no!

I am quite fond of many oriental styles, in particular various Mandarin blouses. I like the snug waists and short colors of such, and silk is divine.

There are some designs of halter tops and corsets I like, in particular tank corsets and halter tops that that cover the midriff.

Or in general:
I'm fond of snug middriffs, I'm thin after all (=

I have never liked strapless designs.

I prefer sleeved, even if short, to sleeveless on most designs.

I think my preferences match yours 4years, except that I don't mind showing my midrift.  I have almost full body dragon tattoos front and back so I like my shoulders covered.
  •  

Louise

One of the nicest things about women's clothing is the great variety of styles.  In men's shirts there are about three styles: oxford dress shirt, no collar polo-style tee shirt, and golf-style shirt with collar.

I like more open-neck styles in sweaters and tunics; these can be particularly nice with 3/4 length sleeves.  Since I am thick-waisted I generally go for tops that are not tightly fitted but are loose at the waist.  I also like knit tops with a boatneck collar.  The only style I haven't tried is a spaghetti strap camisole top.  They look good on younger ladies with a natural bust.  I am neither young nor do I have any bust without generous padding in my bra.
  •  

Alison

Quote from: april on June 27, 2005, 03:08:50 PM
I have to work hard to cover my hugemongous shoulders so normally i wear like a zip up hoodie and a spaghetti strap shirt. The lower neck lines seem to minimize the look of them. I love off the shoulder tops but i have to avoid them. Is there any one here that knows any other good ways to minimize the look of shoulders?

Well, my problem all through growing up was my enormous boobs lol.... seriously... I was a D-cup by the time i was 13...  I'm not sure if it'll parrallel to broad shoulders, but I wore darker muted colors.... I love the color blue.... greys, greens, purples.... I avoided pastels and bright colors.....

Now that I'm older I choose scoop neck shirts, for some reason they're more flattering.... you'd think they'd accentuate the problem, but really they don't....  I think the lines draw your eyes up my neck to my face, instead of down, to the big boobs lol :)
  •  

april

Quote from: Alison on June 29, 2005, 02:53:12 PM
Well, my problem all through growing up was my enormous boobs lol.... seriously... I was a D-cup by the time i was 13...  I'm not sure if it'll parrallel to broad shoulders, but I wore darker muted colors.... I love the color blue.... greys, greens, purples.... I avoided pastels and bright colors.....

Now that I'm older I choose scoop neck shirts, for some reason they're more flattering.... you'd think they'd accentuate the problem, but really they don't....  I think the lines draw your eyes up my neck to my face, instead of down, to the big boobs lol :)
Dark colors shouldn't be a problem. I don't really own anything bright. It has just never really been my style. Thanks so much for the advice!
  •  

AllisonY2K

thanks to the lovely Florida heat, I wear spaghetti strap tanktops a lot. sometimes tshirts if I am having a "blah" day.
  •  

tamaratv

here are two tops that i thnk are  minimizing that i'm going to get this month.... maybe you'll like them too?

http://www.fredericks.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=Holiday2002&category%5Fname=Clothing%2DTrendy+Tops&product%5Fid=70126

and this one  is nice and feminine but i think  will totally cover but not  keep covered

http://www.crossdresser.com/product_page_detail.asp?ProductID=742&ProductCatID=22&ProductSubCatID=75%20&Search=

let me know what you think of my selections !

i'm excited !

tamara
  •  

Night Scream

What are tank corsets?

All i have for tops are just regular shirts.. :( which one are best to start out?
  •  

LostInTime

Tank corset tops are just tops that have corset lacing in the front.  I have a nice leather one that zips up the front, has very light boning, and buckles just for looks. 

Here's one at Fredericks:
http://www.fredericks.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=Holiday2002&category%5Fname=Corsets&product%5Fid=73828
  •  

Shelley

For me I tend toward long sleaves and definitely avoid anytihing of the shoulder.

Shelley
  •