Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Don Wildmon vs. Ronald McDonald: The American Family Association’s latest holy

Started by Shana A, July 15, 2008, 06:12:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shana A

Don Wildmon vs. Ronald McDonald: The American Family Association's latest holy war
By Mel Seesholtz, Ph.D.
Online Journal Contributing Writer
Jul 15, 2008, 00:20

http://onlinejournal.com/artman/publish/article_3491.shtml

The Christianist Right's boycott king is at it again. On July 2, the chairman of the American Family Association, Don Wildmon, issued one of his hysterical "Action Alerts":

McDonald's refuses request to be neutral in culture war

TUPELO, MS -- McDonald's has told American Family Association (AFA) that it will not stop supporting groups promoting homosexual marriage. AFA is asking its supporters to boycott the restaurant chain.

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

•  

NicholeW.

QuoteOne can only assume that Wildmon's income, allowances and other benefits -- and those of his son et al -- have increased significantly since 2005. Do the sheeple who donate to AFA know they are paying for the college education of an AFA employee's kid? Do they know how financially incestuous AFA is?

Since the American Family Association is in a twist about the legitimate business practices of McDonald's and the National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce, and since AFA is "a multi-million dollar" business, it seems only fair that AFA make public a list of its business partners and corporate sponsors.

Somehow I doubt that AFA will do so. That would mean they will publicize their own 3-card monte game. I cannot imagine that they would think "mammon" their god would want them to do so. The ever-present and overwhelming flaw of of calvinism since it's inception in th 1530s has been its insistence that god shows his "elect" on earth by "giving" them wealth as a sign of their specialness.

Odd, no, that our current wealthiest man in the world, Bill Gates, supports diversity-inclusion and these comparative paupers do not?

Nichole
  •  

Lisbeth

Quote from: Nichole on July 15, 2008, 07:01:09 AM
The ever-present and overwhelming flaw of of calvinism since it's inception in th 1530s has been its insistence that god shows his "elect" on earth by "giving" them wealth as a sign of their specialness.

Odd, no, that our current wealthiest man in the world, Bill Gates, supports diversity-inclusion and these comparative paupers do not?

Nichole

Oh, but that insistence only applies to tele-evangelists and, they say, to the people who send them money.  Oh, wait... the ones who send them money get "spiritual" wealth instead.

Paraphrase of Luke 7:24:
"What did you go out into the desert to see? A man dressed to the nines? No, those who wear Armani suits and live in luxury are tele-evangelists. But what did you go out to see? A prophet? Yes, I tell you, and more than a prophet."
"Anyone who attempts to play the 'real transsexual' card should be summarily dismissed, as they are merely engaging in name calling rather than serious debate."
--Julia Serano

http://juliaserano.blogspot.com/2011/09/transsexual-versus-transgender.html
  •  

NicholeW.

Ooooo, I like that translation, Liz!! :laugh: It really brings home the message!!  :)

Nichole
  •  

tekla

Never knew burgers where so darn political.

Woke up this mornin' turned on my TV set
There in livin' color was somethin' I can't forget
This man was preachin' at me.. yeah.. layin' on the charm
Asking me for 20 with 10,000 on his arm

He wore designer clothing and a big smile on his face
Selling me salvation while they sang Amazing Grace
Asking me for money when he had all the signs of weath
Almost wrote a check out.. yeah.. but then I asked myself...

Would He wear a pinky ring, would He drive a fancy car
Would His wife wear furs and diamonds, would His dressing room have a star
If he came back tomorrow there's something I'd like to know
Would Jesus wear a rolex on His television show

Would Jesus be political if he came back to earth
Have his second home in Palm Springs.. yeah.. but try to hide his worth
Take money from those poor folks when He comes back again
And admit He's talked to all those preachers who said they'd been-a talking to Him

Would He wear a pinky ring, would He drive a fancy car
Would His wife wear furs and diamonds, would His dressing room have a star
If he came back tomorrow there's something I'd like to know
Could ya tell me - Would Jesus wear a rolex
Would Jesus wear a rolex on His television show
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •