Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

The Vampire Armaund

Started by Annwyn, July 15, 2008, 11:08:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annwyn

I've never, not in my entire life, been impacted by a novel as much as this one.

The wording is beautiful.  The imagery is transportive.  The adventure is exhilerating.

Most importantly is the main character.  In my entire life I've never felt so close to anyone.  A beautiful, short, petite young boy with the face of a woman.  Long, curly blonde hair as I've had most of my life.  Rather homosexually oriented.  A thirst for art.  A lot of pain, much of which is self inflicted or caused by being suppressed by family.
The battle against God.  The hatred of solitude and the pain of companionship.  The simple truths of life.  The lust for recognition and intimacy and knowledge...

I could go on.

I read this book about 14 months ago.  I could only get through one chapter a night, and the despair set in so terrible at the truth of seeing myself through the pages of a novel that I had to stop myself from cutting myself every night.  I don't know if I've got that sort of apathetic self control these days though...
I found myself in the pages of this book.

And I'm about to find myself again.

Wish me luck; hopefully I'll survive this.
  •  

fluffy jorgen

I enjoyed all the Vampire Chronicles.
This one and Blackwood Farm were my favourites.
;)

Thanks for reminding, I must re-read them.  :)
  •  

Shang

I loved this book!  Though I found Armand a horrible, whiny person towards the end but not as whiny as Louis.

I feel in love with Marius in this book, though.  Everything about Marius made me want to squeal with happiness.

7 out of 10.
  •