Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Okay...are you a natural or a stupid girl?

Started by tinkerbell, July 17, 2006, 08:43:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tinkerbell

Stereotypes, prototypes, models, =  STUPID

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar6bhinHVh4&search=Pink%20Stupid%20Girls

I don't know....I guess sometimes people associate perfection with stupidity.

In my opinion everything that makes you happy is perfectly okay, as long as you don't hurt yourself or someone else.... ;)

tinkerbell :icon_chick:
  •  

Luc

I love this song, but I don't think she's talking about perfection being wrong... and I hope bulimia could never be misconstrued as perfection. I didn't view the video in its entirety, but in the full version of the song, there is a part where you hear sounds like a girl is vomiting, and she almost croaks out, "I just wanna be thin." Pink's song is not merely a chick-bashing ballad; rather, it seems a melodic diatribe condemning the stupid things girls do to please men, or to please society, such as deteriorating their esophogial tissues simply to be thin. The bulimia part of the song was not included in the radio edits, and I think this is a travesty... with the prevalence of anorexia and bulimia among teenage and 20-something girls, it would be nice to hear such a blatant condemnation of such behavior from a teen role model like Pink.

Just my opinion... and maybe a little too close to home... my best friend in high school, who consequently I was in love with, was anorexic and bulimic.

Rafe
"If you want to criticize my methods, fine. But you can keep your snide remarks to yourself, and while you're at it, stop criticizing my methods!"

Check out my blog at http://hormonaldivide.blogspot.com
  •  

tinkerbell

Quote from: Rafe on July 17, 2006, 10:57:12 AM
I love this song, but I don't think she's talking about perfection being wrong... and I hope bulimia could never be misconstrued as perfection. I didn't view the video in its entirety, but in the full version of the song, there is a part where you hear sounds like a girl is vomiting, and she almost croaks out, "I just wanna be thin." Pink's song is not merely a chick-bashing ballad; rather, it seems a melodic diatribe condemning the stupid things girls do to please men, or to please society, such as deteriorating their esophogial tissues simply to be thin. The bulimia part of the song was not included in the radio edits, and I think this is a travesty... with the prevalence of anorexia and bulimia among teenage and 20-something girls, it would be nice to hear such a blatant condemnation of such behavior from a teen role model like Pink.

Just my opinion... and maybe a little too close to home... my best friend in high school, who consequently I was in love with, was anorexic and bulimic.

Rafe

You're right she is not talking about perfection being wrong, she is making a point on how some girls want to achieve a false sense of perfection by submitting themselves to drastic plastic surgeries, throwing their brains up to be thin, staying in the gym for hours to measure up to an artificial standard of perfection.  Sad but true.  That's what I meant when I said that doing the things that make you happy is okay as long as you don't hurt yourself or someone else.   ;)

tinkerbell :icon_chick:
  •