Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Contacted the clinic

Started by stephanie_craxford, July 18, 2006, 06:55:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephanie_craxford

Well I finally got "the" letter from my other psychologist, I had been waiting for the last two weeks. So armed with all the documentation that is required I phoned the Menard/Brassard Clinic in Montreal.  The receptionist was fairly clinical, and seemed unimpressed but I guess that goes with the territory :)  After a brief chat explaining "me", I asked for a consult for SRS.  No problems she said, "Which surgeon do you wish to see"  I chose Dr Menard and the date for my consult is set for August 24th, at 2:15, yahoo... Thankfully I only live four hours away so I can drive there.  I understand that the waiting list is about six months so that will be bearable :)

Letters on file:

Two from psychologists,
One from my family Dr.,
One from my Endo,
One from my Speech therapist,
One from my employer.

Whew, is that a light I see at the end of the tunnel, or is it just a glimmer of hope.
Steph
  •  

stephanie_craxford

How soon things change.  The clinic phoned me back this morning and said that  they had made an error.  I had originally asked for Dr Brassard and they had told me that he wasn't available as he was on vacation.  They told me that if I didn't mind waiting until Sept 22nd then Dr Brassard would be more than happy to see me.  So I'm booked to see Dr Brassard on Sept 22nd :)  I asked about the waiting list again and they told me that Dr brassard has two openings left for this year and that there are no problems for 2007.

Steph
  •  

jaded

•  

Melissa

•  

Sheila

As Cindi said before, time will fly by. Way to go Steph. Start making your list of things to take and do some shopping and have fun. It will be over before you know it.
Sheila
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Quote from: Sheila on July 18, 2006, 01:34:24 PM
As Cindi said before, time will fly by. Way to go Steph. Start making your list of things to take and do some shopping and have fun. It will be over before you know it.
Sheila

I'm hoping that time will pass quickly :0 As for the shopping.... well Montreal has some of the best shopping in the world.  Gillians family is from Montreal and i lived there myself for 6 years, and while my french is not great, I can get by :)

Steph
  •  

Melissa

Quote from: Steph on July 18, 2006, 03:03:13 PM
I'm hoping that time will pass quickly :0 As for the shopping.... well Montreal has some of the best shopping in the world. 

Yes it does.  I spent way too much money when I visited there.  I loved the huge underground mall.

Melissa
  •  

wolfie

Right on Steph, congrats are definately in order!

I looked into that clinic in Montreal a little while ago (I'm 99% sure it's the same one) and saw that they have tremendous results and many more than satisfied clients. Do you think you might be able to get it done by the end of this year? This time it's definately a light at the end of the tunnel and not a train.

Tino
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Quote from: wolfie on July 18, 2006, 03:10:58 PM
Right on Steph, congrats are definately in order!

I looked into that clinic in Montreal a little while ago (I'm 99% sure it's the same one) and saw that they have tremendous results and many more than satisfied clients. Do you think you might be able to get it done by the end of this year? This time it's definately a light at the end of the tunnel and not a train.

Tino

Truth be known Tino I would love to get it done by year end but I'm not holding my breath.  I jokingly asked them if I could reserve one of the two spots left, but no luck :)  Hey but that's  ok, my time is near.

Steph
  •  

tinkerbell

:eusa_clap: :eusa_dance: :icon_biggrin: :icon_boogy: :icon_bunch: :icon_female: :icon_eyebrow: :icon_drunk: :icon_dance: :icon_flower: :icon_headfones: :icon_joy: :icon_lol: :icon_mrhappy: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_smile: :icon_surprised: :icon_tetter: :icon_wave-nerd: :icon_wave: :icon_woowoo: :icon_yes: :) :D ;) ;D :-* :angel: ^-^

Congratulations Steph:

I'm so very happy for you!!!!

Best wishes always,

tinkerbell :icon_chick:

P.S.  for you:  :icon_hug:
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Quote from: tinkerbell on July 18, 2006, 04:52:53 PM
Congratulations Steph:

I'm so very happy for you!!!!

Best wishes always,

Robin :icon_chick:

P.S.  for you:  :icon_hug:

It's kinda strange.  Gillian and I are often in Montreal for one reason or another, visiting family more often than not.  The next time will be for a completely different reason.  One good thing is that Gillian's brother has already demanded that we take advantage of them through this whole thing.  Comforting to say the least.

Steph
  •  

Robyn

And you know that Dr, Brassard is a heartthrob, a real cutie.  My husband doesn't mind my saying that, but Gill might if you say so.  <grins>

I'm sure you know that the residence is closed and that they use a local B&B for recovery.  We had a friend there in early June.  Once they took the sewn in stent out, she was comfortable and enjoyed her stay,  She has had some healing problems at home, but nothing major.  In her 60s, she is finally at peace with herself.

Best wishes, Steph.  A new you in 2007!!!

Robyn
When we walk to the edge of all the light we have and take the step into the darkness of the unknown, we must believe that one of two things will happen. There will be something solid for us to stand on or we will be taught to fly. — Patrick Overton
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Quote from: reikirobyn on July 18, 2006, 07:02:42 PM
And you know that Dr, Brassard is a heartthrob, a real cutie.  My husband doesn't mind my saying that, but Gill might if you say so.  <grins>

I'm sure you know that the residence is closed and that they use a local B&B for recovery.  We had a friend there in early June.  Once they took the sewn in stent out, she was comfortable and enjoyed her stay,  She has had some healing problems at home, but nothing major.  In her 60s, she is finally at peace with herself.

Best wishes, Steph.  A new you in 2007!!!

Robyn

Yup, sure did.  I guess they're going the same route as many of the other surgeons.  I guess we all fret about post op complications, the nature of the beast maybe after all it is major surgery.  I'm glad that everything turned out for your friend.

Steph
  •