Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Transgender related deaths and what it means to us.

Started by Feveth, June 22, 2005, 06:48:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimberly

Since when does 'want' have anything to do with being TG anyway? *wink*
  •  

Teri Anne

Alexandra, if I'd grown up in Saudia Arabia as a M2F TS, I would have run (before transitioning) like heck out of the country or, if I had to stay, would have remained male.  I have needs but they don't include getting stoned to death.

Teri Anne
  •  

Lessa

Quote from: DawnL on December 17, 2005, 05:15:06 AM
many mtfs go from a world of white male privilege to join one of the most marginalized and misunderstood groups in an eye-blink.  Talk about a fall from grace.  I think that would any conscious person plenty of pause.

Dawn

I was totally like that at first just asking myself "why in the world would you want be the gender that is considered the weaker gender in our sociaty?" The answer was always the same "because its who I am!" As I started thinking about it more and more I realized that to me at least, it wasn't going to be a "fall from grace" as you said, but going into better graces if that makes any sence at all.

-Lessa 
  •  

beth

Quote from: Lessa on March 04, 2006, 06:44:06 PM
I was totally like that at first just asking myself "why in the world would you want be the gender that is considered the weaker gender in our sociaty?" The answer was always the same "because its who I am!" As I started thinking about it more and more I realized that to me at least, it wasn't going to be a "fall from grace" as you said, but going into better graces if that makes any sence at all.

-Lessa 

I think Dawn meant going from being recognized as a privileged white male to being recognized as a transsexual was the "fall from grace" not going from male to female.

beth
  •