News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Anti Psychotics / Depressants

Started by Sarah_Faith, June 24, 2005, 12:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah_Faith

Hey all,
          I havent been here in ages with all the confusion about loosing my account etc. But here I am and hopefully for good!
          The past 4 months has been the strangest and most difficult experience of my life. Let me explain from the start.
           For reasons Im not proud of and would rather not disclose, I fell into a major clinical depression with psychosis. My psychosis mimiced the effects of psyczophrenia for 2 months, causing me to be confused, paranoid and out of touch with reality. Nothing made sense.
In the mean time, my major depression was making me see a world I had never seen before - one so dark and without reason that I would not wish it upon anyone.
           Anyone who has had to experience a serious psychosis will tell you how crippling and mentally debilitating it is.
           But more to the point, this is what really confuses me. Since I have started taking my Anti-Psychotics and Anti-Depressants, my want to 'change' have almost completely diminished. It is not comforting in the slightest as I was comfortable with who I was and had learned to love myself and everyone else. Just ask anyone who knew me here! lol. I was certain of what I wanted and how I was going to get it, but now my mind is full of doubts and un-knowns.
           More importantly, and this is the reason I put up this post, could this give us a clue as to what it is to be transgender (or whatever you like refer to this as)? For the 20 years I have been alive I have always cross dressed and always thought of myself as Sarah. I dont know who I am anymore. (do I even make any sense??? lol!!!)
           I would love to hear from anyone, especially any of you's who know me or ESPECIALLY anyone who has gone through a similar experience, as I know almost all of our liver have been full of up's and down's.
           For now I bid farewell, good mental and physical health to all :)
                     Sarah :)
  •  

Debtv

Hi Sarah,

Well, I have lived very depressed in the past but have not taken any anti-psychotics or anti-depressants...other than drinking a lot of beer.

But, 12 years ago I crashed an airplane...and the next 8  months, while recovering my extensive wounds....I lost total interest in my crossdressing. To me, while being so close to death and dealing with being crippled...my tg desires seemed trivial and I asked my wife to 'purge' my femme stuff for me. I remember wondering if my tg desires would come back or not. But, as I recovered and came 'back to life' my tg desires grew, they even grew stronger and luckly she did not throw a thing away.

So...in my view, while we are close to death, transgender can feel feel unimportant as we struggle to live. My quess is that as you get better and feel more healthy, you will feel more like your old tg self.

Love & good luck hon,
DebTV
  •  

4years

Awe poor Sarah!
I hope life starts treating you better!

I believe DebTV is correct.
After life smoothes back out again we still are who we are.

It may also be worth considering the effects of the medications.

Be safe and well Sarah!
  •  

Drew

I'm with DebTV...it's enough right now just to survive and recover what you experienced.  I have experienced some mental illness stuff...not psychosis, but depression and mild OCD.  Even in a mild case, OCD is a trip, but nothing like what you've been through.  Please give yourself a break.  I bet you'll begin to be your old self again in a few weeks.  Please keep us all posted. :)
  •