Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

I think I'm a girl so I must be homosexual.

Started by 4years, June 24, 2005, 10:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonna

As a teenager the only source of information at hand for me was encyclopedias and dictionaries ( no Internet in 1983 hehe)).  I remember looking up "tranvestite"and finding it defined primarily as something done as an outlet for homosexuality.  Most reference books seemed to make the assumption that any male who dressed or behaved as a woman was by default, homosexual.  Consequently, in society most people would look at transgendered ladies as simply being gay, not considering that the matter was far more complex.

Now that male homosexuality is becoming (somewhat) less taboo, people are going to notice that most gay men (who are not otherwise transgendered) do not typically crossdress or identify as women, so hopefully society will gradually figure out that the two are not mutually inclusive.

Personally, I do not think anyone is 100% anything, be it "gay" or "straight". 

Jonna
  •  

Leigh

Quote from: Jonna on May 10, 2006, 11:42:27 PM

Personally, I do not think anyone is 100% anything, be it "gay" or "straight". 

Personally I know of one person who 100%.

Leigh
  •  

Melissa

Quote from: Kimberly on June 24, 2005, 10:06:14 PM
Of course, I claim to be an asexual bisexual so I'm probably more open-minded than most I suppose.

I reread this because it's been a while.  This perfectly describes me at the moment.  I prefer to use the term "confused" for my sexual orientation however.

Melissa
  •  

terribeth

no dear a homosexual does not like to wear female clothing, they like being male and are attracted to other males.and they also like the body that they have, being a girl is what you feel inside of you,and has little to do with sex. luv terribeth
  •  

Kate

Quote from: terribeth on April 12, 2007, 05:19:35 AM
no dear a homosexual does not like to wear female clothing...

Drag queens?

Although I have no idea what the motivation there is if someone identifies as a man, is attracted to men and masculine things, and likes using male parts.

Kate
  •