Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

'Transsexual' Man Sues Library of Congress over Job Offer

Started by Shana A, August 21, 2008, 11:09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shana A

'Transsexual' Man Sues Library of Congress over Job Offer

http://www.citizenlink.org/content/A000008018.cfm

David Schroer, a retired U.S. Army Special Forces commander, testified Tuesday in federal court against the Library of Congress, claiming he deserved a job even as he was undergoing surgery to look like a woman.

Schroer, who goes by Diane, said his job offer was withdrawn when he told his would-be supervisor about his surgery. The American Civil Liberties Union filed a lawsuit in 2005 on Schroer's behalf. He is seeking the job and damages, which are capped at $300,000.
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

•  

Hazumu

Quote"Activists will no doubt attempt to use this case to lobby to have the nebulous concept of 'gender identity' added as a category meriting special protection under federal law," said Caleb H. Price, research analyst for Focus on the Family.

"Americans have no interest in seeing their tax dollars spent on 'transgender' individuals seeking to indulge their confusion — let alone the expenses involved in defending the Library of Congress' sound decision not to hire Mr. Schroer."
  •  

Lokaeign

Oh, that article is just foul.  Note to bigots:  using the wrong pronoun a lot of times does not make you right and the woman you're attacking wrong.  See also quoting another bigot to shore up your flimsy argument.
  •  

tekla

The real argument is the one Keith Oberman gave the other night. 
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

soldierjane

•  

tekla

That if the 'war on terror' was so damn important it ought to make no difference who the person is, if they are the right person for the job.  But, never ask a bunch of Natural Guard and draft dodger types about military service either. 
  •  

soldierjane

Quote from: tekla on August 22, 2008, 03:26:29 PM
That if the 'war on terror' was so damn important it ought to make no difference who the person is, if they are the right person for the job.  But, never ask a bunch of Natural Guard and draft dodger types about military service either. 

Oh they are not there yet, there's a good supply of hetero or sufficiently repressed boys to fuel the machine of war. If tomorrow there came a REAL danger to the US, then they'd be knocking on our doors talking of unity and brotherhood. Wouldn't be the first time.

•  

tekla

no, its just that this girl, back when she was a guy, was a leading expert on terrorism and counter-terrorism, and should be right for the job, if its important and all that.  (And I don't think it is, I think that terrorist stuff is a bunch of BS the way its come down, still....)

If I has something important to do, and important money to make, I would not care if my computer geek came into work dressed like Bozo the Clown, and my accountant was dressed as Dino the Dinosaur (and you would not believe how cheep I can get great people to work under those conditions) as long as they did their job better than anyone else I could get at that rate.
  •  

soldierjane

Quote from: tekla on August 22, 2008, 04:12:56 PM
no, its just that this girl, back when she was a guy, was a leading expert on terrorism and counter-terrorism, and should be right for the job, if its important and all that.  (And I don't think it is, I think that terrorist stuff is a bunch of BS the way its come down, still....)

If I has something important to do, and important money to make, I would not care if my computer geek came into work dressed like Bozo the Clown, and my accountant was dressed as Dino the Dinosaur (and you would not believe how cheep I can get great people to work under those conditions) as long as they did their job better than anyone else I could get at that rate.

LOL agreed. Though I have to say that coming to work as Xena would get old at some point :P
  •  

tekla

Not if you got to cut people's heads off with a big sword when they made complaints.  I'd never tire of that.
  •  

Lokaeign

Quote from: soldierjane on August 22, 2008, 04:15:02 PM

LOL agreed. Though I have to say that coming to work as Xena would get old at some point :P

...Not for yr co-workers.  Personally, I'd donate at least a couple of hours data-entry per week if I got to sit next to a Lucy Flawless lookalike *grin*
  •  

tekla

Hell, I'd work for free if I got to sit next to Lucy herself.
  •  

Laura91

Quote from: Lokaeign on August 22, 2008, 03:09:24 PM
Oh, that article is just foul.  Note to bigots:  using the wrong pronoun a lot of times does not make you right and the woman you're attacking wrong.  See also quoting another bigot to shore up your flimsy argument.

True.
  •  

Lokaeign

Quote from: tekla on August 22, 2008, 04:57:40 PM
Hell, I'd work for free if I got to sit next to Lucy herself.

*Fans self*  I'd pay to work!
  •  

tekla

What's cool about Lucy, (other then the god endowed gifts she has) is that Xena came about right when the stereotypes were falling, and what the series did to bury them.
  •  

mickie88

aww it's nice to know my heroine role model is so deeply loved... ;D :D :)

Warrior Princess Mickie
  •  

soldierjane

Quote from: tekla on August 22, 2008, 04:32:26 PM
Not if you got to cut people's heads off with a big sword when they made complaints.  I'd never tire of that.

Or cut off the flow of blood to their brains with fancy fingerwork :D
  •  

tekla

Or just wait for your "we're not lesbians, but we sleep together" partner to do it for you.
  •