Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

"Jaws" was certainly a girl

Started by Stealthgrrl, August 25, 2008, 10:38:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stealthgrrl

I was talking to Leiandra yesterday, and while it is true that I'll use almost any lame excuse to get to talk to Leiandra, this particular convo was especially interesting, i thought!

I was feeling under the weather, and so I popped in "Jaws", thinking that it would be exciting enough to keep me awake, but wouldn't demand that i think--something I don't want to have to do when I am sick.

Anyways, I watched it and came to the conclusion that "Jaws" was certainly female. Think about it. First off, there is no chocolate in the ocean. That's bound to make any girl a little cranky. So there she is, having a bad day, maybe she's hormonal, and there is no Ben & Jerry's anyplace. She gets a little irritable and messes with a couple of swimmers. What's the big deal? All of a sudden, she finds she is being pursued by all these men in boats, taking potshots at her. That's nothing but male privelege, nautical style!

And ohhhhhh, so she poked a little tiny hole in a couple of these boats. C'mon, they were full of men comparing battle scars and singing drinking songs. I'd want to sink them, too.

As we all know, in the end she is blown to bits by a man. Where's the love? I think he just felt threatened by an assertive woman, and couldn't handle it. And now that there's blood in the water, take sisterhood and toss it out the window...those other fishes were probably turning handsprings, thinking, "less competition! Hooray!"

I think she got a raw deal. If someone would only have tossed Three Musketeers bars into the water instead of that revolting chum--where'd they get that, a sports bar?--she would have been her normal charming self and this whole bad hair day could have been avoided. But is a caveman like Captain Quint going to stop crushing beer cans against his forehead long enough to ask a woman for good advice like this? Hardly likely.

Stealth

•  

NicholeW.

:) You covered everything but "vagine dentatus," luv!! >:D

Nikki
  •  

Stealthgrrl

•