Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

keeping my waist

Started by LynnER, June 26, 2005, 05:53:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LynnER

Heres the thing,  Im starting to put on weight, which I dont mind being super skinny and all but I want to try and keep my waist at around its origonal size with out looseing all the good fat im putting on.....

Any sugestions?
  •  

Maura Hartman

If you're on female hormones you'll get fatter all over. Eat well, but eat way less and do some crunches every day or the little fem-fat tummy will take you over. Some trans-girls seem to get very sedentary and develop pear-like figures, because genetically tummies is where a lot of fat goes. Daily crunches and a small plate of low-carb, low fat foods only twice a day has changed my shape dramatically over time.
  •  

LeslieGirl

Hi
I have discovered that Provera has increased my weight, but not to make me fat. I used to wear size 5 pants and shorts, but not anymore, since my hips are filled out I went up to a size 8 now.

LeslieGirl
  •  

Cassandra

I've started getting a bit of a tummy myself. Not out of control yet. I have always had trouble putting on and keeping desired weight. My hips just dont seem to be getting anywhere in the fat department and I could seriously use some there. Is there any way to get the waist to move to the hips?

Cassie
  •  

LynnER

Thanks for the sugestins and info.  I killed the fast food out of my diet and its made a signifigant diffrence on my expanding waist.  (Its not expanding) while still manageing to put on alittle weight in the right places. Also Im getting a gym membership this week and am going to try and knock the 4 or 5 inches I did gain back off.

Thanks everyone  :D
  •  

Terra

One of the best things, if you like, is to swim. You use just about every muscle, which leaves you less drained at the end of the day. Do about 500m (10 laps) at least 3 times a week. You will burn far more energy then simply running, which over time will damage your knees.
If you really want to kick it in high gear, after every lap do 10 crunches and 10 pushups(you have to do them with a straight back). Do this every day, I can almost promise you that you will be toned in less then 3 weeks.

Boot camp was good for something at least! ;D
"If you quit before you try, you don't deserve to dream." -grandmother
  •  

Annwyn

Quote from: LynnER on June 26, 2005, 05:53:27 PM
Heres the thing,  Im starting to put on weight, which I dont mind being super skinny and all but I want to try and keep my waist at around its origonal size with out looseing all the good fat im putting on.....
WEll, back when I was on hormones, I somehow managed to put on enough weight around my buttocks and legs to appear VERY well endowed in the nether regions, and going to the school I did all the black guys made sure I knew till someone told them I was a "guy."  The amazing part though, was that I managed to keep an amzingly flat belly.  When I flexed it there was a line that ran about 2 inches deep running up and down my belly which has now been developed into a great 6pack.  But that was just me... I was a little emo depressed kid back then, doing drugs a lot and also going between eating and not eating and doing some upper body training a lot of the time.
IF you have a good metabolism already, just keep supporting it.  Other than that... I really don't know how you can put on more weight baebe, I mean maybe if you get fat all over and then get liposuction?
Posted on: September 02, 2006, 11:16:57 AM
Quote from: Elissa on August 29, 2005, 11:39:32 PM
One of the best things, if you like, is to swim. You use just about every muscle, which leaves you less drained at the end of the day. Do about 500m (10 laps) at least 3 times a week. You will burn far more energy then simply running, which over time will damage your knees.
If you really want to kick it in high gear, after every lap do 10 crunches and 10 pushups(you have to do them with a straight back). Do this every day, I can almost promise you that you will be toned in less then 3 weeks.
I run and I bike, but don't really like to swim.  Why?  Too much upper body deveopment, I know a competition swimmer who looks ilke a friggin marine and all he does is SWIM.
  •  

Melissa

I'm not a skinny girl (about 180), but I certainly have a waist.  I do it mostly from watching what what I eat and trying to eat in moderation.  Now if I started exercising, I could actually lose weight. :)

Melissa
  •  

tinkerbell

Okay I was going to post, but then I realized that this thread is over a year old, so Lynn, I'm just wondering, are you still trying to keep your waist or that is a thing of the past?

tinkerbell :icon_chick:
  •  

Annwyn

Quote from: Melissa on September 02, 2006, 12:13:00 PM
I'm not a skinny girl (about 180), but I certainly have a waist.  I do it mostly from watching what what I eat and trying to eat in moderation.  Now if I started exercising, I could actually lose weight. :)
I should seriously get a camera and create a website disigned specifically for transsexual health and fitness.
  •  

LynnER

You saw my pics Tink  :D what do you think LoL.    I need to work out cuz I did gain allot of weight the last time on hrt but lost it all and more.... right now its at 28in... Just need to find the time to tone back up. *Shrugs*   Last time around I was somewhat lazy and over eating certian things, this time around Im watching the nutty buddy bars and not slacking off all day. Im not rounding out elsewhere as fast this time but thats not as important to me anymore.  Im keeping my figure and my sanity and time will do what needs to be done.

*Hugs*
  •  

tinkerbell

Quote from: LynnERYou saw my pics Tink   what do you think LoL.

Oh yeah...I can see you are extremely obese ::) ::) ::)

No seriously, you look thin to me, but it is always a very good idea to excercise and eat healthy. 

Hrt usually adds a few more pounds to our bodies, and we usually hope the extra pounds will go to the right areas, but unfortunately it is not usually so... :(

Be good and keep smiling,

tinkerbell  :icon_chick:
  •