Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

T-Day Arrived - WOW

Started by stephanie_craxford, June 27, 2005, 08:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephanie_craxford

As some of may recall, today was the day that my HR department came to work and briefed all the employees, on my transition from Stephen to Stephanie.  I must admit that I was very, very nervous.  In a nut shell I shouldn't have been.  At the request of HR, I didn't attend the briefings but I was around work all day.  I think that I have about 80% who outright support me and the others, didn't indicate either way.  I am soooooooooooo happy.  I had guys coming up to me and shaking my hand, girls were giving me hugs and some went out a brought me a birthday card to express their support.  Apparently some stood up and anounced to evreyone their support for me.   I never in my wildest dreams thought that it would go as smooth as this.  While The HR department was briefing my fellow workers, another team went to the school board offices to brief management there, and it seems that it went good as well.

So now evreyone has two days to let things sink in, then everyone leaves on summer vacation.  The officia date for Steph to go to work is August 8th, the day I return from vacation.

I have to say that I am trully amazed with the support my company has supported me, I couldn't have wished for anything better.

Someone pinch me I must be dreaming   :)
  •  

4years

Wow, YAY! I'm very happy for you Stephanie!
:icon_dance:
  •  

beth

that is so great Stephanie and you deserve it so much.  :)

beth
  •  

Alison

Wow, thats fantastic :)  its excellent that HR did all that for you... good for you! :)
  •  

Dennis

Awesome, do let us know how August 8th goes too. My work transition is going to be after labour day in September. I'm kinda scared about it.

Dennis
  •  

stephanie_craxford

I know the feeling, I was scared to death.  I think the key is to get the company involved as much as possible, their backing can really smooth things out.  That's what I did.  In a nut shell we debated wether I should be the one who anounced my transition or wether it should be the company.  I let the company do it and I'm glad that I did.  Not only did they brief everyone on my transition and what it entailed, they also added on their policy on harrassement in the workplace.  Then gave each employee access to a hot line they could call if they had questions or concerns.  They finished the session by reading a short letter I had written to them all.

I am very pleased with the way it all went and so are the employees, judging the reactions.

I will definitely let you know how it goes on August 8th, now I'm nervous about out picking the right outfit, and getting my make up right.  Oooooooooooooooh the trials and tribulations of it all  :D
  •  

Shelley

What a lovely thing to have to worry about after all those other concerns were put to rest. Happy 8th of August.
  •  

Kendall

Wow, sounds like everything came off smoothly and better than planned. And sounds like its well deserved. I been here a short time but seen how active you are in the message board. I am impressed yet again. Very nice and a little envious, hehe in a good way.
  •  

kitten

Steph, first up CONGRATULATIONS!  way to go, girl!

then, (and i address this to everyone), note that a large part of this has to be that you already had the affection and respect of the people that you work with, and this, rather than some organisational policy, smoothed the way.

which is a lesson to us all ... if everybody hates you as a rat, becoming a female rat won't do much more than make you more vulnerable ... but if they like you as a decent person, becoming a female person is just an opportunity to celebrate a strong community's linkages, and enhances the quality of that workplace for all.

so as one who appreciates your obvious quality, i celebrate joyously with you!  :-*
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Thank you Kitten

You are so sweet, your words always backed by wisdom.  It is true that part of the whole transition process is based on mutual respect.  I remember when I interviewed for my present job.  The last question te manager asked me at the end of the interview was "what is your goal should you be hired for the job", I said that was easy, "earn the respect of the drivers and those who I work with".

Thanks again everyone.
  •  

Cassandra

CONGRATULATIONS!!!  :icon_birthday: :eusa_clap: :eusa_dance: :icon_chick:

I wanted to be the first to congratulate you when your day arrived but it would appear that ship has already sailed. It is amazing how much people will surprise you. I have received, with the exception of one person, nothing but love support and respect since going full time. It sounds like you will too.

Now the fun part all that clothes shopping. And shoes! I love shoes. Just bought two new pair yesterday. Well I bought two new outfits and needed the right shoes, of course. Anyway, have fun and I look forward to finding out how Aug. 8th turns out. That's two days after my original birthday by the way. Not hinting at anything of course :icon_eyebrow:

oxoxox

Cassie
  •  

joanna

Steph,

I read your post several days ago, and I keep thinking about what you're doing and really wishing I could be doing the same thing.   I guess I'm a little jealous,  but at the same time I really feel happy that you were able to open the "door" and step outside and let the world see the real you.  And might I add that you are quite attractive.

I'm sure when you return to work next month everyone will soon forget the "old you" and the "new you" will soon be just one of the girls.   Gosh, that sounds nice doesn't it.

All my very best wishes go with you.

joanna
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Thank you for the kind words Joanna.

You are sweet.  Yes it's very exciting, and at the same time it's a little scary.  I'm a nervous about it but happy, and I'm sure things will go fairly smoothly.

Thanks again.

Steph
  •