Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

"Types" of TS/GID per Drs?

Started by iFindMeHere, September 21, 2008, 10:36:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iFindMeHere

I am a Bear of Very Little Brain when I wake up, and I thought I read something in anoher thread about there being different "types" of us. What does this mean? Are there different types or do i just need more  :icon_caffine: ?
  •  

Nero

the name of the guy escapes me, but there's a chart for mtf types (type 6 is the most severe, etc). doesn't really apply to us though.
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

iFindMeHere

HEY HOW COME WE DON'T GET NONE!!!

kidding totally kidding. I prefer to be labeled as little as possible.
  •  

NicholeW.

Benjamin, Harry. Other typologies are Blanchard, Ray, Bailey, J. Michael, Lawrence, Anne.

And Nero is absolutely correct about such types being constructs made for and about MTFs. The above people do not, have not and probably see no need to concern themselves with FTMs. Kinda like the sexism you'd experienced before as a woman with medical stuff, comes in to bite you as a man as well.

Sorry guys. It's BS, but until things change a bit ...

HUGS,

Nichole

•  

iFindMeHere

Quote from: Nichole on September 21, 2008, 11:07:30 AM
Benjamin, Harry. Other typologies are Blanchard, Ray, Bailey, J. Michael, Lawrence, Anne.

And Nero is absolutely correct about such types being constructs made for and about MTFs. The above people do not, have not and probably see no need to concern themselves with FTMs. Kinda like the sexism you'd experienced before as a woman with medical stuff, comes in to bite you as a man as well.

HUGS,

Nichole

Now are you asserting that because you're women you're getting sexism-stigma (removing oneself from the dominant gender etc), or are you thinking that because of the sociocultural idiocy aspects of medicine, we are less recognised because they see us as women? Or is there something else I've missed entirely?
  •  

Dennis

I think it's the former, IFMH. People don't have anywhere near as many issues about FtM's as they seem to about MtF's. It's like, 'of course you'd want to be a guy, who wouldn't be?'

And I like that we fly low on the radar.

Dennis
  •  

iFindMeHere

OmG yeah that whole radical-feminist hypocracy about "oh you're just trying to get rights without being female" you know what???  :icon_censored:
  •  

Nero

Quote from: iFindMeHere on September 21, 2008, 11:29:17 AM

HUGS,

Nichole

Now are you asserting that because you're women you're getting sexism-stigma (removing oneself from the dominant gender etc), or are you thinking that because of the sociocultural idiocy aspects of medicine, we are less recognised because they see us as women? Or is there something else I've missed entirely?

The latter. What female bodied persons do is of little consequence and as Den said 'understandable'. It's only when a 'man' 'degrades himself' to become a member of the 'lesser sex' that they need charts and such.     :icon_rolleyes2:
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

iFindMeHere

Quote from: Nero on September 21, 2008, 11:48:20 AM
Quote from: iFindMeHere on September 21, 2008, 11:29:17 AM

HUGS,

Nichole

The latter. What female bodied persons do is of little consequence and as Den said 'understandable'. It's only when a 'man' 'degrades himself' to become a member of the 'lesser sex' that they need charts and such.   [/sarcasm]

*nods*
  •  

tinkerbell

Hmmm...this is the same scale I was telling Hypatia about the other day.  It's called "Sex and Gender Role Disorientation and Indecision".  It is archaic & flawed in many ways.  And yes, I would have to agree that these sort of topics usually tend to cause drama here at Susan's, but hopefully that will not be the case this time! I'll be watching! ;)

As a reference (ONLY):

http://www.symposion.com/ijt/benjamin/chap_02table.htm

tink :icon_chick:

•  

iFindMeHere

Quote from: Tink on September 21, 2008, 12:23:32 PM
Hmmm...this is the same scale I was telling Hypatia about the other day.  It's called "Sex and Gender Role Disorientation and Indecision".  It is archaic & flawed in many ways.  And yes, I would have to agree that these sort of topics usually tend to cause drama here at Susan's, but hopefully that will not be the case this time! I'll be watching! ;)

As a reference (ONLY):

http://www.symposion.com/ijt/benjamin/chap_02table.htm

crap. uh. we can delete this thread because drama bad.
  •  

tinkerbell

Quote from: iFindMeHere on September 21, 2008, 12:40:21 PM

True or we can lock it as well  ;D

•  

iFindMeHere

Quote from: Tink on September 21, 2008, 12:41:58 PM
Quote from: iFindMeHere on September 21, 2008, 12:40:21 PM

True or we can lock it as well  ;D

You're the mod. I just prefer not to upset people.
  •  

NicholeW.

Or, Nero could move it to the FTM peer group board. Doesn't that still keep averyone but staff and admins out of the discussion and it sounded like it began as an FTM kinda question. Well, until I nodded my pointy little head at it. :)

Nichole
  •