Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Above the law for a day

Started by Kaitlyn, September 29, 2008, 10:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

If you were above the law for a single day, would you use the chance to commit a "crime"?  (see below for details)

Yes
37 (50%)
No
24 (32.4%)
Unsure
7 (9.5%)
Other (explain)
6 (8.1%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Kaitlyn

Quote from: Alice on September 29, 2008, 11:51:07 PM
Quote from: Nephie on September 29, 2008, 11:37:07 PM
Who knew there were so many goody-goodies?  You'd think the people here would be seething with anti-establishment feelings.  C'mon - give in to the Dark Side.

The Dark side is not a good thing right now - I hate being physcotic and I would take it out on myself and not anyone else  >:-).

Alice

I gotcha - I've done the psychotic thing, including the hospital stay.  I think I'm doing the bipolar II rebound thing right now.
"The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be kindled."
— Plutarch
  •  

Sephirah

I'd take out that gitwizard, David Blaine, with an air strike.

No. :angel:
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

cindybc

Hi Audrey hon, hey why not do it to it, kick butt, let your hair hang loose. I don't believe in  violence and I don't have the least aggression in me, but hey, it's only a pretend kicking polotitians butts contest. What we need to do is tie them down in their chairs and invite Johny fart pants to the party.

"Read all about it!" Death by asphyxiation.Hey sis "Let's pluck feather!"

Cindy

Posted on: September 30, 2008, 01:16:37 AM
Hi Sis, gonna have to do something about them nasty aliens abducting you like this.
Now where did you say I could find the rotten vegies to throw at Bush and company?

Cindy
  •  

sd

Quote from: iFindMeHere on September 29, 2008, 11:04:45 PM
never never never in real life, but since we're fantasizing...

financial crime. bigtime. TOTAL robin hood. except i'd keep some.

I know of a few CEO's and CFO's who would be perfect for this.
So yeah, I would.
  •  

Stealthgrrl

Oh man, I'd teleport to New York, go to the financial district and liberate lots of dollas! I would go to the stock exchange with a tube of mustard and squirt it on all those stupid striped shirts with the white collars that those guys wear. I would go to Chase Bank headquarters, hit the fire alarm to get everyone out and then burn the sucka down. I would find the foreign national who calls me about my credit card debt and bludgeon him about the head and body with his own telephone. I would squirt a numbing agent into the mouths of anyone who ever used the wrong pronouns about me. Sorry, Mom. I would find all the hunters in the woods and take away their boots and car keys and guns. (but not if they needed to hunt to live). I would find all the people who do animal testing and attach their behinds to a city bus. Don't worry, animal testers don't feel pain like human beings do! I would go to the cigarrette moguls and make them eat a full pack of menthol 100's. And I would make Kyra Sedgewick wear a bag over her head. Oh and that Billy guy who pitches Oxyclean? I hope he likes being the first huckster to be left at the North Pole.
And lastly, my overgrown frat boy neighbor needs to be set down in West Hollywood without a way back.

OK, my work here is done.  ;D
  •  

debbie j

Quote from: Nephie on September 29, 2008, 11:30:42 PM
Wow, Debbie... I thought I was extreme.  You wanna join the anarchist club?   ;)

Posted on: September 30, 2008, 12:29:34 AM
I'd free all the prisoners in Gitmo.

thanks Nephie  maybe and iam sure you would like what i got in mind for the murders and the child rapests :icon_chainsaw: :icon_chainsaw: ;D ;D
  •  

Jay

I said unsure... depends there is nothing that comes to mind quickly. But if I think about it then maybe...

•  

tekla

Still, I think I'd get my guns out and go out and shoot crack dealers.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Arch

I assume, since you put the word crime into quotation marks, that you weren't talking about actual crimes?

And what about misdemeanors?

Don't mind me. I'm just confused. And too lazy to break the law at the current moment. Unless you count driving five miles per hour over the speed limit on the freeway. That I do on a regular basis.

But not in construction zones.
"The hammer is my penis." --Captain Hammer

"When all you have is a hammer . . ." --Anonymous carpenter
  •  

Pica Pica

i wouldn't do vigilante stuff, i wouldn't know if i was making anything any better. But I would rob overpaid football, film, who-knows-what stars, keep some of the money and set the rest up as a pot of money to build schools and dig wells. Clean water and books should be for everyone.
'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

tekla

I got a ticket once for doing a 120+ in a 35mph zone.  Does that count?

Yeah, I lost my licence.  First time, first state - currently three times in two states and counting.
  •  

Dennis

Quote from: Pica Pica on October 01, 2008, 06:27:25 PM
i wouldn't do vigilante stuff, i wouldn't know if i was making anything any better. But I would rob overpaid football, film, who-knows-what stars, keep some of the money and set the rest up as a pot of money to build schools and dig wells. Clean water and books should be for everyone.

I'd hold the bag for you, Pica.

Dennis
  •  

Kaitlyn

Quote from: Arch on October 01, 2008, 06:19:59 PM
I assume, since you put the word crime into quotation marks, that you weren't talking about actual crimes?

And what about misdemeanors?

Don't mind me. I'm just confused. And too lazy to break the law at the current moment. Unless you count driving five miles per hour over the speed limit on the freeway. That I do on a regular basis.

But not in construction zones.

I put "crime" into quotation marks because you'd be literally incapable of committing a legally recognized offense.  By "crime" I refer to any action that would normally be in violation of criminal law.  if you country doesn't distinguish between civil and criminal law, then... I dunno, wing it.
— Plutarch
  •  

mickie88

Quote from: Audrey on September 30, 2008, 12:03:20 AM
haha you bet your butt I would.  i can't tell what though thats classified.  lol. 

Audrey

that a gurl, one like me, you don't know till it happens what where who or why it was....lol
  •  

Northern Jane

Sure. I am an honest person but if I were granted the 'one wish'. Where is it where they take old currency for recycling? I think I'd fill my half-ton with large bills  ;D
  •  

Terra

Let's just say that if I could ever have this power, then politicians and terrorists alike had better run. Basically any person or group that threatens another human being. It'd make for a very long 24 hours.

That and I would finally get my hands on a Wii.
"If you quit before you try, you don't deserve to dream." -grandmother
  •  

Kaitlyn

I think people are losing sight of the limitations of such a situation...  :)  The only real "superpower" you'd have would be teleportation - the legal immunity isn't going to save you from people who don't care about the law in the first place, or who are willing to risk the consequences of attacking you.
— Plutarch
  •  

tekla

legal immunity isn't going to save you from people who don't care about the law in the first place, or who are willing to risk the consequences of attacking you.

That's why, historically, getting the jump up on it, shooting early and often tends to work.  And remember to aim low, they might be crawling.
  •  

fae_reborn

Quote from: Katie Leah on September 29, 2008, 10:54:26 PM
You could walk away with wads of bills from the Treasury or the Fed, and give them to people you would like to bail out (assuming you're American).

I'd bail out myself and my friends/family and put away that money for a rainy day!  ;D ;D

Quote from: Stealthgrrl on September 30, 2008, 05:55:29 AM
Oh man, I'd teleport to New York, go to the financial district and liberate lots of dollas! I would go to the stock exchange with a tube of mustard and squirt it on all those stupid striped shirts with the white collars that those guys wear. I would go to Chase Bank headquarters, hit the fire alarm to get everyone out and then burn the sucka down. I would find the foreign national who calls me about my credit card debt and bludgeon him about the head and body with his own telephone. I would squirt a numbing agent into the mouths of anyone who ever used the wrong pronouns about me. Sorry, Mom. I would find all the hunters in the woods and take away their boots and car keys and guns. (but not if they needed to hunt to live). I would find all the people who do animal testing and attach their behinds to a city bus. Don't worry, animal testers don't feel pain like human beings do! I would go to the cigarrette moguls and make them eat a full pack of menthol 100's. And I would make Kyra Sedgewick wear a bag over her head. Oh and that Billy guy who pitches Oxyclean? I hope he likes being the first huckster to be left at the North Pole.
And lastly, my overgrown frat boy neighbor needs to be set down in West Hollywood without a way back.

OK, my work here is done.  ;D

*DIES LAUGHING*  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

O' sister!  You're wicked!!  Especially that Billy guy who pitches Oxyclean and all that other crap, I'm right there with you, he's so annoying!  And the mustard on the stock exchange guy's, classic!

Personally, I'd go on a massive shopping spree...I'm talking EVERYTHING MUST GO, as in I must take everything: shoes, clothes, accessories, jewelry, a new laptop, a really nice and sexy car like a Pontiac G6, and I wouldn't pay a dime on ANY of it.  If I had time I'd go on a trip to Ireland to see the sights, have a stout in a Dublin pub, and visit County Cork where my grandmother came from.

After the 24 hours I'd take a nap b/c I'm sure I'd be exhausted since I would've been up for the 24 hrs prior...then I'd take the money I got to bail myself and my friends out, give some to them and use the rest to pay off my student debt, buy a nice home in Vermont, and then buy some land and build my eco-community, and then have my close friends and family come live there.

Jenn
  •  

Kaitlyn

Tired?  You could always hit up the pharmacies for some Desoxyn or Provigil  >:-)
— Plutarch
  •