Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

thyroid problems and all the damn homones

Started by trannyboy, October 05, 2008, 11:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trannyboy

We all know our sex hormones are out of balance but how many of you evaluate your other hormones? Some studied have shown sex hormones effect our thyroid which further stresses our adrenals. I am interested in knowing who here has evaluated their hormonal health more comprehensively then just the sex hormones. I am being admitted for a complete hormonal work up since I got very ill while recovering from surgery. We know my thyroid and adrenals are in trouble and want to begin seeing the whole situation (thus prompting the admission). I am curious if anyone has had these issues because my endo has said that high testosterone puts stress on the thyroid and he has seen it shut down the thyroid before in rare cases.

I thought I knew a lot about hormones but clearly after doing much research there isn't many if any who really understand the hormone systems and the effect one hormone can have on the rest. I am lost in acronyms, tests and flow charts. I haven't gotten far but I can see that my understanding was superficial at best. 

>-bleeped-<boy
  •