Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Support group in the Chesapeake/ Virginia beach area.

Started by Vicky, July 06, 2005, 03:51:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vicky

I have tried google, and the only remaining support group I have found is the TRiess, that's mostly dead. I was wondering if anyone might know of a support group, or individuals to speak with in this area.
  •  

4years

I did a google for both:
"transgender support Chesapeake"
and
"transgender support Virginia beach"

I am not sure if either have any links worth much but one seemed possible if nothing else.

Metro Area Gender Alliance
PO Box 16036
Arlington, VA 22215
(301) 949-3822
Small group meetings for TG persons.

Hampton Roads Transgender Outreach
4035 East Ocean View Ave.
Norfolk, VA 23518
Outreach and support to TG community.

Ladies First Social Club
7138 Little River Turnpike, Ste. 1820
Annandale, VA 22003
(540) 720-7523

Hopefully something is of some help.

If nothing else, online forums might help, here or elsewhere.
Please feel free to join in on the conversations (=
  •  

Vicky

Thanks but The metro Area, and Ladies First are not in my area, they are over 5 hours away, something that even on a weekend is pushing it for driving. The HR outreach is gone, the phone number is disconnected, and no further information can be found.

I guess what I am asking, is does anyone know of a TS person, or a group forming that I could speak with in my area.
  •  

sweetbrandigirl

Hi Vicky My Name is Brandi I live in Roanoke Virginia I'm not sure how close that is to you ! I have A friend who is trying to restart the Blue Ridge society support group it's the tre-ess group you spoke of early i think it's the same group. If you would like to talk please feel free to e-mail me at sweetbrandigirl2004@yahoo.com we are trying to find Transgenders, crossdressers and any who need help with question about gender . I saw in your message your a newbie maybe i can help I've been in transition for two years and will be taking my next step by having surgery on  Sept 15 2005. If I can help you or you just want to talk i here.

HUGS Brandi
  •  

Dev

Just joined this board tonight to respond to this thread, so have a lot to look at after this. (Found the thread in a goole search for the same thing).

I have seen a lot of groups come and go and it is really sad.  I was all excited when I had a FtM friend for about 2 months than they just disappeared.   Life has not really been the same since then.

I don't know of any resources here locally (Tidewater area) other than Allies in Healing in Norfolk.  Maggie Chub (think her last name is spelled that way) is in charge of it.  They meet the 2nd Tuesday of the month still i think.  I have been out of the country for a bit, so not 100% sure anymore.

I have been very tempted to start a newsletter online mainly catering to this area.  Seems Richmond is the nearest city with activity, but even I don't know much about it's happenings after being here on and off for 10+ years and growing up about an hour south.

Maybe between the two of us we can discover something I may of missed over the years thats still around (other than or including Allies in Healing).
  •  

Vicky

Chesapeake is next to the north Carolina boarder, so roanoke is a good distance away.

Dev, sure I am game, if you want we can talk through PM, just send me a message.
  •  

Dev

Will do as soon as I get back from my off-roading trip to PA on Sun. night/Mon. and I have time to learn how to send PMs.   :o
  •  

Vicky

click my name on left hand of post, where it is underlined, the will bring up my profile, at the bottom it says something like send this person a personal message, click that, and your good to go.
  •  

Dev

Vicky,
    I can't see profiles for some reason to send a PM.  I have tried several names on the MB and each time I get an error saying "You can't just view anybody's profile."

No idea whats going on.  Can you try and PM me, than maybe I can just reply to it?
  •  

Susan

Quote from: Dev on August 15, 2005, 09:34:44 AM
Vicky,
    I can't see profiles for some reason to send a PM.  I have tried several names on the MB and each time I get an error saying "You can't just view anybody's profile."

You can't view profiles, send private messages, or upload pictures until you have at least 5 public posts. This is to reward posting and to prevent random people from creating accounts to message or harrass users, uploading objectionable pictures, or just crawl the profiles harvesting emails and other personal information for spam
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •  

Dev

Thanks for the help and the info.  Guess this will help boost my post numbers and I was starting to feel pretty stupid.   :-\
  •  

Kailea

I am fairly new to the tidewater area and was also looking for a group to join.  Please let me know if anyone starts or revives anything.  I have never gone out, and would love to meet a group of people that would accept me for who I am. 

BTW, this is a great page.
  •  

Dev

I have been away from the site from a while just being kinda anti-social and a workaholic. (I really need to have a social life if I was not so paranoid)

Just wanted to drop in and see if anybody had attended the support group at allies in healing?  I am hoping to attend the one in Jan. after I get more info from Maggie (if she is still in charge of it).

Anyway, hope to hear from folks in the tidewater area soon.
  •  

Fyrstar

I'm in Hampton.  Did anyone manage to get that support group started?
  •