News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Body modification?

Started by 6thsomatic, December 07, 2008, 01:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicky

Quote from: tekla on February 02, 2009, 03:09:48 PM
As I used to ask my students all the time... "Did you really read the book, or just watch the movie?"

Gandalf speaking, in the chapter Shadow of the Past, Book One.

In Eregion long ago many Elven-rings were made, magic rings as you call them, and there were, of course, of various kinds: some more potent and some less.  The lesser rings were only essays in the craft before it was full-grown, and Elven-smiths they were but trifles - yet still to my mind still dangerous to mortals.  But the Great Rings, the Rings of Power, they were perilous. 

A few pages later.... Still Gandalf....

'No,' said Gandalf, 'but I can.  The letters are Elvish of an ancient mode, but the language is that of Mordor....'

So, if you have the tattoo of the script as it appears in the book, what you have is not Mordor - I don't think a written version of Mordor is found anywhere in the book, but Elvish.

Sauron helped the Elves to make the ring, but the real ring magic is the Elf's bad act, and as a result one of the outcomes is that they are pretty much self-banished from Middle Earth.

As you said, while the letters are elvish the language is from Morder. No disagreements there.

I'm still pretty sure Sauron made the 'one ring'. I don't think elves had a hand in that and it was unlikely they were there at mount doom helping him out. That was the great trick really. He went to the elves in the guise of Annatar? and helped them make the rings of power. Then he went away and made his own that controlled the others. Certainly the other rings of power, the 9 for men and 7 for the dwarves were made by Celebrimbor (elf) who was guided by Sauron. The 3 rings of power intended for the elves were also made by Celebrimbor without Saurons knowledge, i.e. the one's Gandalf and Galadriel and Elrond wear, but because of they were made useing the knowledge gained from Sauron they were still under the control of the one ring.

•  

JonasCarminis

Quote from: Nicky on February 02, 2009, 01:30:28 PM
I just saw Josh's vids on splitting his tongue. There was this one when they were all pale and looking like they were going to puke, that did me in. Brave man, brave.

Do you have any issues with talking? Eating?

nope.  no issues.  most people dont have any.
  •  

Nero

um so this is for real, josh? you got a forked tongue?  :o
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

Jaimey

body modification to lord of the rings back to body mod.  special.
If curiosity really killed the cat, I'd already be dead. :laugh:

"How far you go in life depends on you being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and the strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these." GWC
  •  

JonasCarminis

yep.  its for real. :P  i have a few vids about it on my youtube.

•  

Nicky

It is amazing how agile it is!
  •  

Jeatyn

I toyed with the idea of splitting my tongue years ago but then I went off the idea

Seeing yours now makes me want to do it again! It's so awesome

Tongue piercing on tuesday, then I'll see how I feel
  •  

kestin

that forked tongue looks SWEET!

I only have my 18mm tunnels, been meaning to go and get up to 20mm for ages... I have painter smurf tattooed to my shoulder-blade, got that when I was 18. Used to have my tongue pierced but I swallowed the ball by accident last year and thus had to remove it.

Had my nose pierced a long time ago but ended up hating it (just found it really annoying)

I've been thinking about getting my lip pierced...

Mostly I want to get some new tattoos. I want to have a blank filmstrip tattoo wrapping around the forearm and a rainbow double-helix to wrap around my upper-arm.
  •