Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Body modification?

Started by 6thsomatic, December 07, 2008, 01:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6thsomatic

How would my fellow androgynes feel about this? I'm not talking about surgery, more along the lines of piercings, tattoos, so on.

I just got a center labret piercing yesterday and I love it. I think it goes a way to help feminize my face a little more (drawing attention away from the chin? Helping the angles of the jawbone?)

Any other enjoy it and/or use it to help express?
  •  

Lokaeign

I love mods and have a fair few, tho not as many as I'd like.  My nose is pierced, but I'm not wearing anything in it at the moment.  I also have a monroe piercing, but had to take it out for one of my jobs and now I'm going to need to get it redone.  I have a black rose tattoo on my head from when I used to have a mowie/slaphead (damn I would love to start shaving my head again). 

These days most of my mods hav some spiritual significance.  I have my "employee ID" (LOKAEIGN) inked in runes down my left forearm.  On my other arm I have a ritual runic brand, 3 Gebo runes which looks like XXX.  I have two ritual ashed cuttings (the skin is cut with a scalpel and then rubbed with ash, in this case ash from a sacred fire): Loki's name in runes on my left upper torso, rubbed with ash from a fire I used in an initiation ritual earlier this year, and the Valknut (Odin's symbol) on the right.  Those last two have faded a bit and need to be redone at some point, although I'm holding off in case I decide to get a brand or whatever instead of more cutting.

I find the mods help me feel less at war with my body.  They're a reminder of its mutability, of my capacity to change and heal; also that my body, for all the things I hate about it, can still be a vehicle for the Beings I serve to work in this world.
  •  

Nicky

I used to be into having a lot of body mods. Perhaps it was a way of distinguishing myself - In the past I have had a couple tongue piercings, 3 lip piercings, nose, multiple ear piercings including the tragis, flesh tunnels, belly button, and a Prince Albert.

Now days I just have a couple holes in my left ear and one in my right. I would have 2 on both sides but my last piercing on the right did not take - too much scar tissue under the surface I think.

I also have a host of tatoos. I like them. Mainly colorful tribal stuff that represents my 'mixed' gender. For me tatoos have always seemed a rite of passage. Passage to what I am not sure. I have not gotten any new ones for a few years but am planning on something significant. Perhaps when I change my name I'll get a new one.
  •  

JonasCarminis

I <3 BODY MODDING!!!

i have my septum and eyebrow done so far.  also half inch tunnels n my ears, planning on going bigger
im planning on stretching my septum to 8 gauge
planning on getting my tongue done at 8 gauge and stretching to 4 then splitting it.
planning on dermal punches in the flats of my ears
planning on scalpeling my labret to 0 or 00 and getting a plug in it
and eventually subdermal implants. :D
  •  

Pica Pica

chet, i don't actually understand what half those words mean. I'm not really one for all that, they are all such permanent type symbols and I am not a permanent type person. If I had anything I would have a dandelion made out of question marks.
'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

Nicky

I had a dream about you last night Pica. I came round to your place for a cup of tea and we sat and chatted and you gave me a hug. Then I realised I was late getting home and had not told my wife. It was good having a dream chat. Don't remember what we talked about but the tea was something like english breakfast served in china cups, and the hug was good.
  •  

JonasCarminis

Quote from: Pica Pica on December 07, 2008, 06:00:53 PM
chet, i don't actually understand what half those words mean. I'm not really one for all that, they are all such permanent type symbols and I am not a permanent type person. If I had anything I would have a dandelion made out of question marks.

pica, piercings arent as permanent as tattoos IMO.  if you would like to know what they are, i can shre some videos with you over youtube. :)
  •  

icontact

Hah Chet, I understood the terminology until after the tongue split. And was grimacing all the way through.

I might want my ear(s?) pierced. Otherwise, no. Don't like body mods. Have a ton of scars from self-harm, guessing that doesn't count.
Hardly online anymore. You can reach me at http://cosyoucantbuyahouseinheaven.tumblr.com/ask
  •  

6thsomatic

Faboo Chet, looks like you have a lot of work ahead of you! I wouldn't go nearly as hardcore, and some of the things you are purposing are rather permanent, but the results should do you well =D

and oh, just because...

I can't help it...So much <3333
  •  

Kinkly

I've been thinking about getting my ears pierced nice clip on earings are  so hard to find.
I recal a conversion I had ages ago If you were to get a tatoo what would it be.

My answer
a dotted line around my neck with the words "cut along dotted line" at the back
I haven't and probably never will.
I don't want to be a man there from Mars
I'd Like to be a woman Venus looks beautiful
I'm enjoying living on Pluto, but it is a bit lonely
  •  

tekla

No tatts, though I've been drunk enough in several tattoo parlors with others, and only one hole each on each ear. 
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Pica Pica

Oh Nicky your poor soul. I'll try not to bother you in your sleep again.
We probably talked about books, i'm always talking about books.
  •  

Nicky

Quote from: Pica Pica on December 08, 2008, 11:59:46 AM
Oh Nicky your poor soul. I'll try not to bother you in your sleep again.
We probably talked about books, i'm always talking about books.

I enjoyed our dream liason, don't worry about bothering me. We could start a dream book club  ;)

I like your new piercing Somy. You don't look like you need to shave much, I hated shaving around my ones. I ended up plucking with was ouchy around the holes. You should use that pic for your avatar. I like it better than your other one.
  •  

Cyndigurl45

Both ears double pierced usually a stud on top and a hoopin the bottom, I think my penis piercing is called a fernum but it's front to back not side to side and the bat signal tatt on my left shoulder :) future mods include tounge, nipples and belly button piercing along with some tribal tatts in various places including a tatt on the back of head where I will shave my nape =)
  •  

Yochanan

I've got lobe piercings I've had since I was five and one on my upper right ear (the piercer called it a 'helix', I think). My next one will be a left helix to balance it out. I also want a second and probably third lobe piercing in each ear, as well as ones on the very tops of my ears (I don't know the terminology, sry!). For a really long time I wanted a labret, but when I got my right ear done, I nearly passed out, so I think I'll stick with ears unless or until I toughen up a bit. I always said I wanted a tattoo, but on my 18th birthday I chickened out. I still plan to get one or two, probably some sort of star and maybe something spiritual. Not sure of placement yet.
  •  

Mr. Fox

Bah, Chet!  Dermal punches are for the impatient!

As for me, I only have my crappy gunned ears at the moment.  However, I plan to gauge them, albeit to a small size, get my right nostril pierced (wanted that longer than transition, hot diggety!), get sleeves (thems: one arm love, the other truth), bellybutton piercing, anti-eyebrow, industrial, snug, and septum.  And that is just the ones I am sure about.  Woah!  In consideration includes lip piercing (labret if you want to be all hoity-toity and specific), tongue piercing, maybe more ear piercings, uvula piercing (probably not), and Jeweleye procedure.

Yes, I got obsessed with bod mods in sixth grade through junior high.  Transsexualism kind of took over these past few years, but I've given a little thought to more minor modifications in the past many months.  Not much, though: most of these were planned earlier.  For me, it's good to wait a long time to make sure I want these things, as later I might change my mind (i.e. horrible idea when I was 11 to get a tattoo of my astrological sign).  Also, some would be difficult for physical reasons (i.e. tongue split, rejected partially because I play saxophone, lip piercing on side that I think already has receding gums, uvula piercing when I have a horrible gag reflex).

Adrian

P.S. Apologies to those who didn't understand what I just said, such as Pica.
  •  

Mr. Fox

Why the heck are all us full transsexuals replying to a post aimed at androgynes, anyway?  I guess we just think we're hot (ugh, don't think about that phrase too literally).
Adrian

Removed profanity-Emme
  •  

Pica Pica

I'm used to not understanding things....and anyway it's a body mod thread.
  •  

6thsomatic

Question is open for all to reply to ^_^
  •  

Nicky

Quote from: Mr. Fox on December 08, 2008, 05:24:58 PM
Why the heck are all us full transsexuals replying to a post aimed at androgynes, anyway?

I take offence to this. I'm not some 'half' transexual. That was rude.

Removed profanity-Emme
  •