Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Body modification?

Started by 6thsomatic, December 07, 2008, 01:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pica Pica

aaah, don't get moody, it's just a phrase he used.
'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

Nicky

It could have been just a phrase, but I think that it is important to call people on the language they use. Language has a powerful influence on the way people are treated or considered.

Like it or not there seems to be a common perception in the transgender world that androgynes are just lost transexuals, people that are kidding themselves, people taking an 'easy' way out of transitioning, transexual 'lite', deluded, confused, fence sitters etc. You might not be prepared to ever rock the boat, but I will when I think it needs rocking.
  •  

Pica Pica

i just think when you're all in the same boat, it would be a bad idea to capsize it. Especially for a slip of the tongue/fingers.
'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

Jeatyn

I love body mods, tattoo's and piercings, just love 'em

I have my lip, nose, belly button and ears pierced

I plan on getting the other side of my lip pierced, the middle of my nose, my eyebrow, my tongue and possibly nipple after top surgery (if I'd be allowed? not sure) and I want to stretch my ears a bit, no idea how to go about it like

I have no tattoos yet, because I'm obviously still working on my body shape, I don't want to get tattoo's that might get all moved about and end up weird looking. But I have these in mind:

two big black outline stars on my hips

I have a design that's going to cover both of my forearms

some sort of tribal design on the top of my back/shoulders

I might think of more =P

I'd like to try corset piercings on my sides too, but I know how difficult they are to get right

yeah, im gonna be one of THOSE people XD

•  

Nicky

Quote from: Pica Pica on December 09, 2008, 05:25:03 PM
i just think when you're all in the same boat, it would be a bad idea to capsize it. Especially for a slip of the tongue/fingers.

Mutiny!  ;)
  •  

Lokaeign

Quote from: Dawni on December 09, 2008, 06:30:30 PM
yeah, im gonna be one of THOSE people XD

Good.

The world needs more of THOSE people.
  •  

Vexing

I have no tattoos yet, because I'm obviously still working on my body shape, I don't want to get tattoo's that might get all moved about and end up weird looking.

Also bear in mind that you have no idea how hairy you will get.
Many of my FTM friends are human carpets - especially on their backs.
  •  

naniteswarm

I have no tattoos and don't plan on getting any as I can't imagine any image I'd like of myself for the rest of my life.  I'd like to get my ears pierced and then maybe get some "private" piercings.
  •  

Jemma

Someone offered to give me a tat once. I refused. I am scared to death of needles.  It was hard enough just getting my ears pierced.  Of course most of my relatives have either multiple piercings or tatoos.
  •  

Jeatyn

Quote from: Vexing on December 09, 2008, 09:07:00 PM

I have no tattoos yet, because I'm obviously still working on my body shape, I don't want to get tattoo's that might get all moved about and end up weird looking.

I would probably wax it all off  ;D I wonder if that effects tattoos  :-\
  •  

tekla

I wonder if that effects tattoos

I have no idea, but I know that age+gravity does, and that cute little butterfly at 20 looks like Mothra at 40.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Jeatyn

Quote from: tekla on December 10, 2008, 10:23:22 AM
I wonder if that effects tattoos

I have no idea, but I know that age+gravity does, and that cute little butterfly at 20 looks like Mothra at 40.

ah well, you only live once, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it
  •  

Vexing

Quote from: Dawni on December 10, 2008, 09:57:18 AM
Quote from: Vexing on December 09, 2008, 09:07:00 PM

I would probably wax it all off  ;D I wonder if that effects tattoos  :-\

So long as the tattoo is past the scabbing stage, no problems.
Picking at scabs can pull out pigment if things haven't healed enough.
Mmm. Hot wax on scabs. Sexy.
  •  

Nicky

Quote from: Vexing on December 10, 2008, 01:20:21 PM
Mmm. Hot wax on scabs. Sexy.

You do know how to make an androgyne moist  ;)
  •  

JonasCarminis

Quote from: Mr. Fox on December 08, 2008, 05:20:27 PM
Bah, Chet!  Dermal punches are for the impatient!

umm... theres no way im going to try to stretch cartilege.  that would just tear.  its like  stretching silly putty vs a hard brick of clay.
  •  

6thsomatic

I did it. Got my cart piercing up to 6 gauge. No pain, no blood.
  •  

Jaimey

this is a painful thread to read.  heh.  I actually love piercings and tattoos, but the whole fainting thing really gets in the way.  right now i just have 3 in each ear, two on bottom and one on top.  nice and even.  i do want tats, i'd probably do them on my shoulders/upper back area.  i actually think i could deal with the needle thing if i couldn't see it.  that's my big problem.  i like to look and then things start getting spotty...heh.  and it would be even better if i had something to lean on so i didn't have to hold myself up.  then i'd be all right.  heh.
If curiosity really killed the cat, I'd already be dead. :laugh:

"How far you go in life depends on you being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and the strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these." GWC
  •  

myles

When I was younger I had one of my nipples peirced (at the Guantlet in SF before it was a popular thing to do) was a drunken part of my life didn't deal with it well and had a lot of infections. I am going to have it redone here soon. I have 3 tattoos and am going back and forth about a few more. Then the typical ears 2 and one.
Myles
"A life lived in fear is a life half lived"
  •  

Lukas-H

I love body mods, especially tattoos. I love to ask people about their tattoos when they have time to talk and learn about the stories behind them. I myself have plans for a decent amount of tattoos. I hope to actually get one soon after the new year, a celtic knotwork armband going around my bicep likely on my right arm.

No facial piercings for me yet because of my job, but I've been thinking of a labret and an eyebrow piercing plus more in my ears. I believe my tattoo will come first though :) I've always been intrigued by celtic/norse patterns and knotwork and it's something that's very close to my heart and getting even a simple tattoo would make me incredibly happy and sort of immortalize that love for those designs on my body.

Any other tattoos I get I haven't decided on except there's a very high chance that I'll get a tattoo designed with the logo and name of my favorite band on it.
We are human, after all. -Daft Punk, Human After All

The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all. -Mulan
  •  

Mr. Fox

Quote from: Nicky on December 09, 2008, 02:03:06 PM
Quote from: Mr. Fox on December 08, 2008, 05:24:58 PM
Why the heck are all us full transsexuals replying to a post aimed at androgynes, anyway?

I take offence to this. I'm not some 'half' transexual. That was rude.

Removed profanity-Emme

Very late apologies.  I was just trying to think of some way to differentiate, as some androgynes I've know identify as transsexual.  However, thinking of your perceived implications that androgynes are confused transsexuals . . . egads.  If you thought that's what it sounded like, it probably sounds like that to other people too.  The phrase shall never be typed by my hand again.
Adrian
  •