Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

"If Pres Bush had been hit with a 5 inch heel from a 7 foot >-bleeped-<"...

Started by Hazumu, December 16, 2008, 11:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hazumu

4:05 on the program counter for the Keith Olbermann show clip.

"but if [Bush] had been hit with like a 5-inch heel from like a 7-foot >-bleeped-<, that would have been something..."

Whereinth'hell do I find KO's producer's e-mail and phone number?

Karen
  •  

TamTam

:(

Why, Olbermann?  Why did you have to laugh?  Damn it.

But the guy who said it is a supreme jackass.
  •  

gravitysrainbow

I actually saw that tonight and thought about posting here, and also about contacting McHale or Countdown. The only good thing I can say is that I think the comment was made out of ignorance and not malice. That certainly doesn't excuse it, though. I also braced myself to see how Keith would react. I may have a little crush on him (especially after his Special Comment on Prop 8), but he sortof disappointed me tonight.
  •  

lady amarant

It was tasteless and insensitive ... and unfortunately quite funny. I would also have laughed due to the sheer absurdity of the image if I hadn't been expecting the comment, so I don't think we should be too miffed at Ken Olberman for laughing. I also agree with gravitysrainbow that the comment itself was probably not out of malice so much as ignorance.

~Simone.
  •  

Kate Thomas

"But who is that on the other side of you?"
T.S. Eliot
  •  

tekla

Could be the comment was just out of hatred for Bush, and a desire on the parts of so many of us to throw our shoes at him.  I'll assume since KO is filmed in NYC, Times Square at that, that they have seen 7 foot trannies around there.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Kelsey

Its just a joke nothing personal to people of our type, but its funny which gets more viewers which gets the big COEs more money.
And thats all they care about
  •