Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Kayaking with the girls

Started by stephanie_craxford, July 10, 2005, 02:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephanie_craxford

After several cancelations due to weather, we (two of my girl friends) finally managed to our kayaks wet today.  We put our boats into a local lake.  It was wonderful the weather was hot, there was a slight breeze.  As soon as we got to the waters edge Miss B and I stripped down to our bikinis, and we all paddled off, exploring all the small islands, inlets, and rocks.  I felt so free, and relaxed, and it was so comfortable with my friends.  We chatted and joked about different things and inevitably they brought up questons about me and my transition.  It was good that they brought up the points that they did as it allowed me to explain things more, and at their pace.  The nice thing about it was that they didn't let the subject dominate the day.  I guess we were out on the water for about two hours.

I'm really lucky that I have access to hundreds of lakes and rivers, the nearest being a stones throw from where I live, and most of the others are in a provicial park, so there are no power boats allowed.

Yes... a wonderful day.   :)

Steph
  •  

Cassandra

Hey Stephanie!

Sounds like a great day. We are fortunate enough to have a beautiful lake practically out our back door. I'm not much of a water person though. Must be because I'm a fire sign. But, we also have lots of mountains and hiking trails and I love to go hiking and camping If you ever plan on being in the US south east let us know. We can private email and maybe get together. There is a fly fishing tour place right across from our business if your into that.

Cassie
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Hello Cassandra,

Quote from: Cassandra on July 10, 2005, 03:58:03 PM
If you ever plan on being in the US south east let us know. We can private email and maybe get together. There is a fly fishing tour place right across from our business if your into that.

Thanks so much for the offer.  I'll definitley keep that in mind. It's always nice to have friends who you can call on and visit (a short visit   :) ) while on vacation.

I really love the outdoors.  I used to hunt a lot when i was younger, but I gave that up and now prefere the peace and tranquility of it all.  Nature is a wonderous thing.

Steph
  •  

Denise01

hi Steph:

Glad you had a good day and enjoyed your outing.  It was so nice that you had a chance to chat with your friends and  communications is  most important.

I too am blessed with having a lot of water close by, living on one of  the longest navagitable waterways totally in Canada, but I am not a water person.

I like  Cassandra love camping.  Due to my work in the summer I can only get away in the fall and spring, therefore usually head to the south eastern  US for vqcation with  my trailer

Denise
  •