Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

"The Good Old Days"???

Started by Shana A, January 18, 2009, 03:04:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shana A

"The Good Old Days"???
by: Louise
Sat Jan 17, 2009 at 08:43:03 AM EST

http://pamshouseblend.com/showDiary.do;jsessionid=4444A6E2693EF07D4E5247B12F5DEB2B?diaryId=9081

I just read this comment via "Bangor Daily News" and am apoplectic:

On 1/17/09 at 07:58 AM, JoyJessun wrote:

why not just bend the two "Bills" over and give them a shot at each other! haha

does anyone else find it insane that it is even a question if two gays should be allowed to marry? There was a time, in the good old days when they'd just be tossed off a bridge!

The person "tossed off a bridge" that JoyJessun is referring to was Charlie Howard.
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

•  

krisalyx

i mean wtf  tossed of a bridge what the hell when the hell was this, or is this an actual part of our shared history.
  •  

NicholeW.

1984 in Bangor, ME. Although in the comments to the story there's a more recent recoiunting of a bisexual male who was burned to death in Salinas, CA apparently last year.
  •  

Jessica M

If anyone says anything about the good old days when hatred and persecution were socially acceptable remind them of;
                                     1(christians) Roman empire- fed to the lions as sport
                                     2(jews) Pick one there were loads (holocaust is obvious but maybe a bit touchy
                                     3(black) Slavery

Then see how good they the think the 'old' days were >:-)
Imagining the future is a kind of nostalgia - Alaska Young in "Looking for Alaska" (John Green)

I will find a way, or make one!
  •  

SomeMTF

I have been understood that in some cases changing your documents was easier in many states before the Bush era in United States (like 90'ties). Does anybody know will the Real ID destroy the hard won rights for legal sex change way like this; that you cannot change the sex marker of your national ID-card even after SRS.
  •  

Jay

Quote from: Claire on February 10, 2009, 04:15:09 PM
If anyone says anything about the good old days when hatred and persecution were socially acceptable remind them of;
                                     1(christians) Roman empire- fed to the lions as sport
                                     2(jews) Pick one there were loads (holocaust is obvious but maybe a bit touchy
                                     3(black) Slavery

Then see how good they the think the 'old' days were >:-)

Exactly Claire, I am with you there girl.

•  

gennee

I'm curious to know what the good old days were? Is it longing for a simpler time? Or is it that people don't want to deal with today's realities? Life never stands still.

Gennee
Be who you are.
Make a difference by being a difference.   :)

Blog: www.difecta.blogspot.com
  •