Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Guilty Pleasure: Rock Band

Started by Amy85, January 22, 2009, 08:08:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amy85

Does anyone else play this game? I play it on my xbox and sometimes I feel silly for putting so much time into a plastic instrument when I could genuinely practice a real one  :-\ but this way is funner to just grab some friends and play on a friday, and you can play along to all your favourite songs and bands with the games 500+ song library  :)

Amy  :-*
  •  

Sandy

Quote from: Amy85 on January 22, 2009, 08:08:27 AM

Does anyone else play this game? I play it on my xbox and sometimes I feel silly for putting so much time into a plastic instrument when I could genuinely practice a real one  :-\ but this way is funner to just grab some friends and play on a friday, and you can play along to all your favourite songs and bands with the games 500+ song library  :)

Amy  :-*
I bought one of these for my son-in-law and he loves it.  I bought a Wii console for a family Christmas gift and bought each person a game to start the library.  Though I personally am getting hooked on the Wii Fit.

I want to try the Rock Band thing, but I haven't yet.  I also have to get over the idea of "playing" a joystick when I could be playing my Strat!

-Sandy
Out of the darkness, into the light.
Following my bliss.
I am complete...
  •  

tekla

Back in my fervently misspent youth I played pool.  Never did the pinball deal.  When Pong came out I thought it was worse than pinball.  So I kept playing pool.  I still play pool.  And guitar.  I'm better with a pool cue.  Fake guitar, I'm not sure what the rush is.  But I've missed the point before.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Roll90

Well, I love guiter hero and have beat 2 and 3 on expert(with the exception of the last boss battle on 3) and my family owns rock band 1, but I honestly never cared for it as much.  I can't sing.  I was awful at drums mostly as a result of the awkward foot petal which I couldn't use for one song without just saying screw it and not using it.  And to me, coming from guitar hero, the guitar that came with the game was awful so I would just use the guitar hero guitar and there was only one decently challenging song on expert (Green Grass and High Tides).  All this aside I think its a fun game if you can get 3 other people to stop playing super smash bros. long enough to play, and you can actually get someone to sing...
  •  

Jeatyn

Quote from: Roll90 on January 23, 2009, 01:07:39 AM
Well, I love guiter hero and have beat 2 and 3 on expert(with the exception of the last boss battle on 3) and my family owns rock band 1, but I honestly never cared for it as much.  I can't sing.  I was awful at drums mostly as a result of the awkward foot petal which I couldn't use for one song without just saying screw it and not using it.  And to me, coming from guitar hero, the guitar that came with the game was awful so I would just use the guitar hero guitar and there was only one decently challenging song on expert (Green Grass and High Tides).  All this aside I think its a fun game if you can get 3 other people to stop playing super smash bros. long enough to play, and you can actually get someone to sing...

I'm a die hard Guitar Hero fan, the rock band guitar feels so flimsy and odd

I'd love to have a pro face off with you on guitar hero  ;D I've never found anyone who can provide a decent challenge never mind beat me

If I played rock band with other people I would have a bash at the singing, I'm a pretty decent singer, I do prefer the guitar though. (guitar and headset?  :P)

•  

klodefm42

I have to agree with Tekla, Im not into rockband but then again Im also a loser!  :icon_ashamed:
  •  

Alyssa M.

Quote from: tekla on January 22, 2009, 10:57:08 AM
Back in my fervently misspent youth I played pool.  Never did the pinball deal.  When Pong came out I thought it was worse than pinball.  So I kept playing pool.  I still play pool.  And guitar.  I'm better with a pool cue.  Fake guitar, I'm not sure what the rush is.  But I've missed the point before.

Oh, come on! You've never done karaoke? Or sung along to the radio? Rocked out on your vintage Fender Strat air guitar? Laid down a drum beat on your dashboard and steering wheel? That's all that Rock Band is.

I still prefer playing rock band to playing Rock Band, but the game is reasonably fun. The guitar is the worst part, I think. I've only played a couple times, though.
All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another.

- Anatole France
  •