Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

OPINION: Deviant Transgender Day Coming to Nation's Public Schools

Started by Hazumu, January 22, 2009, 10:52:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hazumu

By Laurie Higgins, DSA Director, Illinois Family Institute

QuoteGender Identity Disorder (GID) is a psychological disorder in which people "feel discontent" with their biological sex. They wish they had been born the opposite sex. Despite what an increasingly ignorant society contends, those who suffer from this disorder are not actually, objectively the sex that they wish they were. Amputating healthy parts of their sexual anatomy, taking hormones, and cross-dressing does nothing other than create a perverse illusion that they are the sex they wish they were. Amputations, hormones, and cross-dressing are not the proper ways to treat this disorder. Those who suffer from GID deserve compassion and treatment -- not affirmation, confirmation, celebration, or accommodation.

Public affirmation of this psychological disorder and its concomitant deviant behavior is making ever more troubling inroads into American society. Increasing numbers of communities are passing "transgender" laws that allow cross-dressers to use the bathrooms and dressing rooms of the sex with which they identify. That is, cross-dressing women are permitted to use men's restrooms, and cross-dressing men are permitted to use women's restrooms. For a glimpse into our future, read excerpts from The Transgender Law Center's "Peeing in Peace" document.
  •  

gennee

Transgender people are NOT deviant. Does this person know anybody who is transgender? Probably not. How can someone call me deviant and he/she don't know anything about me?

Gennee
Be who you are.
Make a difference by being a difference.   :)

Blog: www.difecta.blogspot.com
  •  

tekla

FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Jessie_Heart

Quote from: gennee on January 28, 2009, 07:35:38 PM
Transgender people are NOT deviant. Does this person know anybody who is transgender? Probably not. How can someone call me deviant and he/she don't know anything about me?

Gennee

you can't expect people to actually know something about what they are talking about before they speak can you? if that were the case there are many ignorant people in this world that just couldn't talk at all (what a wonderful world it would be). I know that ignorant comments like the one in this colum hurt not only on a personal level but it contributes to stupidity and ignorance in general. I do however take something good away from ignorance and stupidity ( I will probably die in a tornado standing there looking for the silver lining in the clouds) I have learned more in my life about how to be a good person from ingnorance and stupidity once I have seen people acting in this manner I see what an ass they make of themselves and I have seen that I wouldn't ever want to appear to be that stupid.
  •  

milliontoone

two words to the author of this peace and any who may share their everso knowledgable viewpoint:

F**K OFF!
  •  

V M

Quote from: tekla on January 29, 2009, 06:04:05 AM
Should add a new twist to spirit week.
No Doubt on that

Post Merge: January 31, 2009, 08:15:13 PM

Quote from: milliontoone on January 31, 2009, 08:55:36 PM
two words to the author of this peace and any who may share their everso knowledgable viewpoint:

F**K OFF!
You forgot to add...and GO TO H#!!  :laugh: >:-) :laugh:
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Suzy

All I can say is that I am deeply saddened (not surprised) by this opinion.  I can't help but think how wonderful it would have been if there were something like this for us when I was young, back near the Cretaceous period.

Kristi
  •  

tekla

I was young, back near the Cretaceous period.

Oddly enough, or not, these people don't believe in the Cretaceous period either.  Humm.
  •  

TheBattler

:'(

I felt I was deviant from the beginning and I guess it has not stop. Now I am not in transition my old thought are haunting me. Why do I do this? Why do I justify myself by say I have a female brain? If I say I have a transvestic Fetish is this admitting I have a deviant brain? Why do I look at girls in skirts and dresses like I do?

I though I was over this but I can feel the preasure slowly build and I am too afraid to put back on my female clothes cause I know of the cycle that will start again.

I just do not want to go back into depression.

Sadly.

Alice
  •  

milliontoone

Alice that is exactly the reaction these people want you to have. It doesn't make any sense to let people who have nothing to do with you or your life affect you.  Especially when those people are clearly bigots.

They are the ones who are mentally ill not us if they can't get their heads round a simple little word called tolerance.
  •  

Sephirah

There is one truth written in that article.

QuoteWe who hold traditional beliefs about sexuality must get over ourselves -- and by that I mean our ignorance, apathy, self-consciousness, and fear

I agree. I would also add intolerance, insular attitude, outdated thought patterns, baseless discrimination, unfounded predjudice and questionable moral code to that list.

However:

Quote-- in order to oppose the malevolence that is devouring our children and our society. And we must do this even if opposition results in hostility and persecution.

The phrase "People in glass houses should not throw stones" comes to mind.

It never fails to amuse me how groups of people can take something, then twist it to fit their own agenda, with little regard for keeping the thing they're raving about even the slightest bit accurate.
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

tekla

It never fails to amuse me how groups of people can take something, then twist it to fit their own agenda, with little regard for keeping the thing they're raving about even the slightest bit accurate.

It's not like that is a unique quality, plenty of it around here too.

But he cursed me when I proved it to him,
Then I whispered, "Not even you can hide.
You see, you're just like me,
I hope you're satisfied."
  •  

V M

Leiandra sure has a hot avatar!!! Not to get off the subject or anything.....
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Alyssa M.

I am deviant. I deviate. I deviate frequently. I do it as often as I can. I don't do it to shock or appall, but to explore and discover. I make my own plans, and then I change them. I don't color inside the lines. I don't play the notes written on the page. I don't ski the marked trails. And I don't accept some brow-furrowing church lady's notion of how I should present my gender. I deviate. I am deviant.
All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another.

- Anatole France
  •  

V M

- V M
  •  

TheBattler

Quote from: Alyssa M. on February 02, 2009, 12:58:42 AM
I am deviant. I deviate. I deviate frequently. I do it as often as I can. I don't do it to shock or appall, but to explore and discover. I make my own plans, and then I change them. I don't color inside the lines. I don't play the notes written on the page. I don't ski the marked trails. And I don't accept some brow-furrowing church lady's notion of how I should present my gender. I deviate. I am deviant.

Hmm - I do not like being Deviant but here I am.

Alice
  •  

Sandy

Quote from: Alyssa M. on February 02, 2009, 12:58:42 AM
I am with Alyssa on this.

In addition to deviant, I openly masticate in public and extol the virtues of mastication and encourage others to openly masticate as well!

I AM SPARTICUS!!!

Sorry, I seem to have a serious silly on this morning.

I'll go back to my corner now.

-Sandy
Out of the darkness, into the light.
Following my bliss.
I am complete...
  •  

Lisbeth

"Anyone who attempts to play the 'real transsexual' card should be summarily dismissed, as they are merely engaging in name calling rather than serious debate."
--Julia Serano

http://juliaserano.blogspot.com/2011/09/transsexual-versus-transgender.html
  •