Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

MSc Research Project - Gender Roles

Started by transgender_research, January 29, 2009, 03:44:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

transgender_research

We are a small group of Social Research students at the University of Surrey, Guildford, UK who are carrying out a small-scale project into the learning of gender roles within the TG/TS/TV community.  Our research project forms the assessment of a Group Research module where we are required to design and lead our own small scale project using a variety of data collection methods. We have been interviewing members of the TG/TS/TV community which forms the backbone of our project and are attempting to collect some background quantitative survey data to augment this qualitative approach.

We would be extremely grateful if you would help us out by completing our survey. Please follow the link below (please copy and paste if necessary):

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=kEe6s5vcC2K28ykRaT0vXQ_3d_3d

This project is not intended for publication, but findings will be presented internally at a Conference held at the University in the Spring.  This allows current students and staff within the Department of Sociology the opportunity to be briefed and ask questions about the study, potentially leading to new areas of research interest at MSc dissertation and phd level.

We have been made extremely welcome by the community and wish to thank you for taking part in our research.
  •  

Sandy

Just an FYI.

The survey is well put together.  The only problem I noticed that the last question that asked were we had heard about the survey from did no have an entry for Susans.

If it can be updated, please do so.

Thanks!

-Sandy
Out of the darkness, into the light.
Following my bliss.
I am complete...
  •  

NicholeW.

I am assuming this has been approved? It seems a well-done and serious survey. Glad i took it.

Nichole
  •  

Nero

Just took it. yes, it's approved Nikki.
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

Sephirah

Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

transgender_research

Quote from: Kassandra on January 29, 2009, 03:31:08 PM
Just an FYI.

The survey is well put together.  The only problem I noticed that the last question that asked were we had heard about the survey from did no have an entry for Susans.

If it can be updated, please do so.

Thanks!

-Sandy

Kassandra, many apologies, you are quite right. The survey was intended to have an 'if other - please type details here' box, which appears not to be the case. We are hoping to update it today - thanks for the information.
  •  

cindybc

I have just completed the survey and I pray that it is of benefit to the cause.

Cindy
  •  

milliontoone

I also just completed it and hope the findings will be of some help.
  •  

Shana A

I also completed the survey. I'll be interested in hearing the results.

Z
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

•  

Nicky

Even though it is not intended for publication, I would love to see some of the results posted here.

If you are able to post some of the results that would be really appreciated.
  •  

Sarah Louise

I waited too long to participate, it says the survey is closed.

Sarah L.
Nameless here for evermore!;  Merely this, and nothing more;
Tis the wind and nothing more!;  Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore!!"
  •  

Pica Pica

'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

Nicky

Same, I got all excited for nothing...  :(
  •  

transgender_research

Thank you for your responses, and our apologies for not posting that the survey data collection had ended. Unfortunately our survey team member was admitted to hospital and it caught us on the hop a little!

Thanks to all those who participated, and for allowing us to visit your site.
  •