Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Oliver Stone Rewrites 9/11

Started by LostInTime, August 10, 2006, 09:35:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LostInTime

Article

This isn't New York (come on, how many Latino cops sing along with lily-white patriotic ballads?). This is an imaginary Big Apple -- complete with happy-go-lucky black transsexual prostitutes and amiable hippie homeless guys -- made for those who've never visited the city and want to claim it as their own 9/11 memory.

The film predictably sets up the characters alongside the first rumblings of the catastrophe and the confusion on the ground: Were there two planes, or just one?
-------------
I find this article to be a bit off.  That is putting it in nice terms.  I have not seen the movie so I cannot really comment.  I just thought I would post this and see if anyone else, who has been to NY, might want to weigh in on what I quoted here.

My experiences of NY?  It is indeed a huge melting pot and I knew at least one Puerto Rican dude who took heat because he liked Heavy metal (lily white dudes shouting into the microphone).  TV and TS hookers, yeah the city has those too.  But without seeing how these characters were inserted into the movie, I really cannot say much.
  •