Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

New York Daily News comments on 'transgender' murder story

Started by Hazumu, February 15, 2009, 11:37:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hazumu

I wrote to the editor of the New York Daily News about the lurid slant they gave the basic story.  I hold little hope it'll change anything.  It IS the New York Daily News...

The  article has a jailhouse picture of Christine Newton-John.  You can see what the commenters are referencing.

QuoteJust 5 years for homicide?
Posted by Uniqueny on Feb 14, 2009 3:15 PM

He/She should get life for taking Olivia's name.
Posted by ObamaSucks63 on Feb 14, 2009 4:04 PM

This can't possibly be a real story. April Fool's Day already?
Posted by Skinnyhead on Feb 14, 2009 4:53 PM

I loved her in Grease. She and John Travolta were so good together.
Posted by Roy Munson on Feb 14, 2009 5:23 PM

Only in Kentucky could two men marry, even with the reassignment she's still a male.And the >-bleeped-< gets 5 yrs for murder.
Posted by hjo4 on Feb 14, 2009 5:24 PM

looks like this whale should've been the one swimming laps.
Posted by bigbrooklyn on Feb 14, 2009 5:42 PM

Looks like a cross between peter and lois griffin...
Posted by denalist on Feb 14, 2009 6:14 PM

make HER serve time at a federal male prison
Posted by chulaco on Feb 14, 2009 7:01 PM

That I'd say this is one heck of a back stroke.
Posted by Missy M on Feb 14, 2009 7:29 PM

By george(not boy george)just a figure of speech,either way you look at it the policeman had a feeling about all of this I guess to him something smelt fishy.
Posted by Missy M on Feb 14, 2009 7:36 PM

Gross looking thing. There should be an ordinance that allows only feminine-looking males to have sex change. Otherwise, it's too gruesome for words.
Posted by shell0724 on Feb 14, 2009 8:07 PM

I guess the male gene was to strong to ignore, despite wanting to look and act all girlie. And that's what old horny guys get when they think they CAN handle anything. And he/she only got 5 years? WOW.
Posted by Norm007 on Feb 14, 2009 8:40 PM

i have to agree with bigbrooklyn- this fat whale should have been the one doing laps!
Posted by cliffdonovan on Feb 14, 2009 8:49 PM

If anybody needed to do laps, it's (S)HE...or plainly put "IT".
Posted by 2A+IN+NYC on Feb 14, 2009 9:16 PM

Striking resemblance to Olivia Newton-John. She looks more like an ugly, unfunny Chris Farley. Sentence her to a lifetime with a pen is.
Posted by wilhelmy on Feb 14, 2009 9:24 PM

Wow, I don't even know what to say.
Posted by Yeshua on Feb 14, 2009 11:41 PM

anytime you here hear the word "transgender" you know you are dealing with a preson who's very obviously insane. society has failed in dealing with these poor maniacs. they should all be locked up somewhere getting psychological treatment.
Posted by drmonkee on Feb 15, 2009 1:31 AM

Well its the two sides of a John.Im gonna just jump right in,I usually do head first.Hope you Yanks dont mind.I think its purdy ah ur well not purdy but its probably for sure that the fella that was tortured by ah swimming might have been a little wet behind the ears dont ya all think?All this seems just a bit funny.How did she get him to do all those laps cause I think she might sink if she had gotten in over her head .
Posted by Missy M on Feb 15, 2009 2:35 AM

Wait a minute, weren't these two on Jerry Springer last year? The guy didn't know she was transgender until AFTER they were married?
Posted by DMZMAN on Feb 15, 2009 3:42 AM

you can't mix a whole bunch of estrogen into a body full of testosterone and not have problems..
Posted by bitchyFor1Litch... on Feb 15, 2009 12:03 PM
  •  

NicholeW.

I don't see amy real problems with either the story or the comments: except that the transsexual angle makes it easy to ignore the problem presented here. Which is an decidedly western fashion of divorce. The focus on her transsexual history lends itself to the readers not recognizing that this sort of thing happens usually with a genetic woman or man undertaking some act similar to this to off the spouse in a way that's almost sure to draw attention to their guilt.

All the readers' comments lose is the realization that the frequency of similar stories involves people they would think of as regular.

It's a nasty business no matter what though.

Nichole
  •