Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Phelps Klan banned in the UK

Started by Shana A, February 20, 2009, 05:04:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shana A

by: Pam Spaulding
Fri Feb 20, 2009 at 03:00:00 AM EST

http://pamshouseblend.com/showDiary.do;jsessionid=8E750BB8F847BFAF948B72DDB1B55DD1?diaryId=9554

You mean our friends across the pond didn't want this "Made in the USA" export? Particularly the part where Shirley Phelps-Roper offers up the naked posteriors of the Topeka, Kansas-based religious right extremists. (BBC):

A father and daughter from a US church which preaches hatred of homosexuals have been banned from entering the UK. Fred Phelps and his daughter Shirley Phelps-Roper from the Westboro Baptist Church (WBC) had urged protests against a play being put on in Hampshire.

Queen Mary's College in Basingstoke is staging The Laramie Project, a play about a man killed for being gay.
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

•  

imaz

Quote from: Zythyra on February 20, 2009, 05:04:14 PM
by: Pam Spaulding
Fri Feb 20, 2009 at 03:00:00 AM EST

http://pamshouseblend.com/showDiary.do;jsessionid=8E750BB8F847BFAF948B72DDB1B55DD1?diaryId=9554

You mean our friends across the pond didn't want this "Made in the USA" export? Particularly the part where Shirley Phelps-Roper offers up the naked posteriors of the Topeka, Kansas-based religious right extremists. (BBC):

A father and daughter from a US church which preaches hatred of homosexuals have been banned from entering the UK. Fred Phelps and his daughter Shirley Phelps-Roper from the Westboro Baptist Church (WBC) had urged protests against a play being put on in Hampshire.

Queen Mary's College in Basingstoke is staging The Laramie Project, a play about a man killed for being gay.

Good, looks like our Government is getting things right at last and getting tough on those promoting hatred.

Last week they stopped Geert Wilders from coming and promoting Islamophobia and Farrakhan has been banned in the past.

•  

RebeccaFog

I thought that most EU nations had strict laws about hate speech.  Maybe it was never codified?
  •  

Sandy

They won't let them in because they're afraid we wouldn't take them back!

-Sandy(What a wonderful day that would be, though!)
Out of the darkness, into the light.
Following my bliss.
I am complete...
  •  

deviousxen

Quote from: Sandy on February 21, 2009, 03:44:20 PM
They won't let them in because they're afraid we wouldn't take them back!

-Sandy(What a wonderful day that would be, though!)

Seriously... It looks like they inbreed or something.
  •